Home » News » Public Safety
Auburn man seriously injured in Londonderry crash Friday evening
Police and fire officials responded to a two-vehicle collision near 81 Rockingham Road just after 4:30 p.m., Londonderry Police Lt. Kevin Cavallaro said.
Upon arrival, it was discovered that an S & R Construction Co. truck, driven by Keith Garbino, 50, of Londonderry, had apparently struck a vehicle driven by Cody Carette, 20, of Auburn.
Witnesses said they saw Carette's black BMW, which was traveling southbound, cross over the yellow line and directly into the path of the oncoming truck as it became wedged under the truck, causing it to tip over.
Garbino's truck flipped over upon impact, striking a utility poll, pinning the car's driver inside.
Emergency officials shut down a section of Route 28 for several hours as they removed Carette from the wreckage and loading him onto an awaiting DART helicopter.
He was taken to Mass. General Hospital where he was being treated for injuries described as severe. Garbino wasn't reportedly injured in the crash.
PSNH utility crews were on the scene to replace the broken pole, with members of the local police accident reconstruction team investigating the accident's cause.
The roadway was reopened at shortly before 11 p.m. Friday night.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- All safe following early-morning Manchester blaze on West Side - 2
- Dozens displaced by Manchester apartment building fire - 4
- Ossipee woman killed in late-night Moultonborough crash - 0
- Danville couple struggling to get back on feet after explosion - 2
- Farmington school evacuated for bomb threat; police say kids are safe - 0
- Claremont elementary school to get safer sidewalks - 0
- Fire leaves Derry family of four homeless - 0
- Homeless man rescues woman who jumped from Granite Street Bridge - 2
- Propane driver saved from waist-deep mud - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Utility truck overturns as vehicles dodge ladder on Route 101 in Exeter - 0
- Missing inmate arrested in Rochester after crash - 0
- These all-natural candles can double as massage oil - 0
- Dave D'Onfrio's Patriots Notebook: Finding a way to win - 0
- Sam Asano's Let's Invent: NoNose gets readers talking like nobody's business - 0
- Know the Law: Your trust can be named beneficiary of an IRA - 0
- Another View -- Bill O'Brien: Ask your state rep. to vote for transparency in the House - 26
- Old friends and a 'homeless angel' make for good stories anytime - 0
- Clooney gets it: Sony attack was not a 'crime' - 7
The Sony hack: Kim's judgment of Obama
Tensions boil over after NYC police killings