Home » News » Public Safety
Auburn man seriously injured in Londonderry crash Friday evening
Police and fire officials responded to a two-vehicle collision near 81 Rockingham Road just after 4:30 p.m., Londonderry Police Lt. Kevin Cavallaro said.
Upon arrival, it was discovered that an S & R Construction Co. truck, driven by Keith Garbino, 50, of Londonderry, had apparently struck a vehicle driven by Cody Carette, 20, of Auburn.
Witnesses said they saw Carette's black BMW, which was traveling southbound, cross over the yellow line and directly into the path of the oncoming truck as it became wedged under the truck, causing it to tip over.
Garbino's truck flipped over upon impact, striking a utility poll, pinning the car's driver inside.
Emergency officials shut down a section of Route 28 for several hours as they removed Carette from the wreckage and loading him onto an awaiting DART helicopter.
He was taken to Mass. General Hospital where he was being treated for injuries described as severe. Garbino wasn't reportedly injured in the crash.
PSNH utility crews were on the scene to replace the broken pole, with members of the local police accident reconstruction team investigating the accident's cause.
The roadway was reopened at shortly before 11 p.m. Friday night.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- New Ipswich man burned in garage fire, flown to Boston - 0
- Two sustained minor injuries in Rochester crash Sunday - 0
- Boat crash in Tuftonboro investigated - 0
- Driving lesson turns into car accident in Laconia - 0
- Fire destroys vacant Berlin building - 0
- NY man stable after destroying classic Porsche 911 in Route 16 wreck - 3
- Investigators seek cause of Conn. train crash - 0
- Berlin man dies while kayaking - 0
- Man seriously hurt in North Country crash of 1967 Porsche - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA boxscores, summaries for May 20, 2013 - 0
- Police say man held girlfriend in car, arrest him - 0
- Overtime puts stress on Nashua police budget - 0
- Manchester, church group seek accord on breakfast for homeless - 1
- Ky. Sen. Rand Paul to NH GOP: Let's look like America - 2
- Man gunned down on Manchester street was talented graffiti artist - 2
- Experts weigh in on UNH logo designs - 1
- Two had a NH history before brutal Bedford attack - 1
- Derry marks a soldier's death - 1
Texting + driving = deadly consequences
Bedford's Shapiro hits lacrosse milestone
Memorial Day Observances 2013
Experts weigh in on UNH logo designs
Goffstown holds off on school borrowing
Moving Wall in Haverhill asks us to remember
Not so merry: Giving Robin Hood a bad name