Home » News » Public Safety
Auburn man seriously injured in Londonderry crash Friday evening
Police and fire officials responded to a two-vehicle collision near 81 Rockingham Road just after 4:30 p.m., Londonderry Police Lt. Kevin Cavallaro said.
Upon arrival, it was discovered that an S & R Construction Co. truck, driven by Keith Garbino, 50, of Londonderry, had apparently struck a vehicle driven by Cody Carette, 20, of Auburn.
Witnesses said they saw Carette's black BMW, which was traveling southbound, cross over the yellow line and directly into the path of the oncoming truck as it became wedged under the truck, causing it to tip over.
Garbino's truck flipped over upon impact, striking a utility poll, pinning the car's driver inside.
Emergency officials shut down a section of Route 28 for several hours as they removed Carette from the wreckage and loading him onto an awaiting DART helicopter.
He was taken to Mass. General Hospital where he was being treated for injuries described as severe. Garbino wasn't reportedly injured in the crash.
PSNH utility crews were on the scene to replace the broken pole, with members of the local police accident reconstruction team investigating the accident's cause.
The roadway was reopened at shortly before 11 p.m. Friday night.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Burning baton twirler attracts Manchester fire truck - 0
- Another plane hits frozen Alton Bay - 0
- Police investigating crash after truck reportedly loses tire in Concord - 1
- Derry firefighters extinguish Jeep fire - 0
- Chemical spill in Newington business sends 6 to the hospital - 0
- Officials investigate suspicious Manchester blaze - 0
- UPDATED: Mass. man charged after hitting barrier at Bedford toll plaza - 2
- Massachusetts woman injured in Milan snowmobile crash - 0
- ATV sinks trying to skim water of Weirs Beach - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Turnout light in Derry as of early afternoon - 0
- John DiStaso's Granite Status: Shaheen among speakers at Senate Dems' climate change 'talkathon' - 1
- Sheriff, chief question Shaheen’s recent vote on controversial Obama nominee - 0
- Low turnout seen in early Lakes Region polling - 0
- Goffstown residents slow to vote so far - 0
- Dover police convince local man to go to hospital for evaluation - 0
- Milton residents considering big issues at the polls Tuesday - 0
- Bedford man sentenced for lobster trap thefts - 0
- Voting is not just for adults in Windham - 0
Taken for a ride: Hooksett’s Pinkerton deal
Manchester schools project budget surplus