Home » News » Public Safety
Auburn man seriously injured in Londonderry crash Friday evening
Police and fire officials responded to a two-vehicle collision near 81 Rockingham Road just after 4:30 p.m., Londonderry Police Lt. Kevin Cavallaro said.
Upon arrival, it was discovered that an S & R Construction Co. truck, driven by Keith Garbino, 50, of Londonderry, had apparently struck a vehicle driven by Cody Carette, 20, of Auburn.
Witnesses said they saw Carette's black BMW, which was traveling southbound, cross over the yellow line and directly into the path of the oncoming truck as it became wedged under the truck, causing it to tip over.
Garbino's truck flipped over upon impact, striking a utility poll, pinning the car's driver inside.
Emergency officials shut down a section of Route 28 for several hours as they removed Carette from the wreckage and loading him onto an awaiting DART helicopter.
He was taken to Mass. General Hospital where he was being treated for injuries described as severe. Garbino wasn't reportedly injured in the crash.
PSNH utility crews were on the scene to replace the broken pole, with members of the local police accident reconstruction team investigating the accident's cause.
The roadway was reopened at shortly before 11 p.m. Friday night.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Group raising money for family of Raymond man killed by boulder - 0
- Newly renovated Blair Covered Bridge damaged by truck - 0
- Nashua man who died jumping off bridge to escape heat identified - 0
- Pit bull owner sought in fatal attack on another dog near Tuckerman Ravine - 15
- Man's body pulled from Merrimack River - 0
- Free gun lock giveway begins Sept. 1 in Conway - 0
- Victim identified in fatal Pelham motorcycle accident - 0
- Man killed in Pelham motorcycle accident identified as local man, 24 - 0
- Manchester man seriously injured after driving into oncoming traffic - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Goffstown's Bourque impresses; Memorial, Bishop Guertin, Pinkerton win in Queen City Jamboree - 0
- Hanover boys soccer edges defense-minded BG - 0
- NH Fisher Cats, Pierre stun Rock Cats in 4-3 win - 0
- Helping hands for new St. Anselm students in Manchester on move in day - 0
- To market, to market: Market Basket shoppers flock on in - 0
- Nashua Market Basket employee: 'Worth every day of work lost' - 0
- NH teen killers to get sentence reviews after state Supreme Court decision - 0
- Manchester raid came 8 months after home invasion - 0
- NH killer in 1991 Smart trial seeks time with wife - 0
Where is Shaheen? Hiding from you
Enter to win tickets to see Paula Poundstone
Win tickets to see Steven Wright
Goffstown's Bourque impresses; Memorial, Bishop Guertin, Pinkerton win in Queen City Jamboree
Hooksett highs: A good multiple choice test