Sep 18, 2014
Sep 4, 2014
Aug 28, 2014
Aug 21, 2014
Cause of Alstead soup kitchen fire sought
Firefighters were called to Fall Mountain Friendly Meals on Bragg Lane about 12:17 a.m. for a fire that appears to have begun in the pickup truck. It was extinguished before it could cause substantial damage to the building, but the truck was destroyed, according to police.
Fall Mountain provides meals to the needy in Alstead, Langton, Walpole and North Walpole. It was created by the founders of Fall Mountain Food Shelf.
Volunteers at Fall Mountain had complained to police in recent weeks about gasoline being siphoned from the truck. State Police said a person associated with Fall Mountain reported seeing a group of males walking away from the area about the time of the fire.
Anyone with information can call Sgt. Shawn Skahan or Trooper John Lucero of State Police Troop C at 358-3333.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Police release photos from alleged hotel robbery - 0
- Nashua driver charged after crashing car 25 minutes after getting 92-mph speeding ticket - 1
- Chester deputy fire chief jailed for allegedly violating restraining order - 2
- Manchester police release photos of men they believe robbed mother, daughters at local Holiday Inn - 0
- Son says shooting of mom during DEA raid was a mistake - 28
- Dalton man sentenced for assaulting inmate - 0
- Hampstead man accused of sex assaults on girl - 0
- Police say man kills daughter, 6 grandchildren in Fla. murder-suicide - 3
- 2 men arrested in Manchester SWAT raid, drug bust - 5
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Vailas rallies UNH football to 29-26 win over Richmond - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Raiders should be tucked away early - 0
- St. Anselm football wins home opener, goes to 3-0 - 0
- SNHU golfer Nutter earns weekly honor - 0
- Dover's Helliwell wins ACT Invitational - 0
- Concord, Pinkerton, Coe-Brown runners win - 0
- Nashua South gets on track by beating Merrimack - 0
- Pinkerton stuffs Salem late, holds on - 0
- Dartmouth football wins opener over Central Conn., 35-25 - 0
Goodell vows domestic violence change
NH's future: Dean Kamen highlights a problem
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917