Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Feb 6, 2014
Cause of Alstead soup kitchen fire sought
Firefighters were called to Fall Mountain Friendly Meals on Bragg Lane about 12:17 a.m. for a fire that appears to have begun in the pickup truck. It was extinguished before it could cause substantial damage to the building, but the truck was destroyed, according to police.
Fall Mountain provides meals to the needy in Alstead, Langton, Walpole and North Walpole. It was created by the founders of Fall Mountain Food Shelf.
Volunteers at Fall Mountain had complained to police in recent weeks about gasoline being siphoned from the truck. State Police said a person associated with Fall Mountain reported seeing a group of males walking away from the area about the time of the fire.
Anyone with information can call Sgt. Shawn Skahan or Trooper John Lucero of State Police Troop C at 358-3333.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH Supreme Court reject's Addison appeal to remove AG's prosecuting team - 2
- Manchester man convicted on drug, weapons counts - 1
- Jury considers fate of Londonderry man in sex assault trial - 0
- Bay State following in NH's footsteps with 'upskirting' law - 2
- Epping supermarket worker arrested after brutal break room attack on female coworker - 5
- Nashua woman arrested in connection with homeless man's hit-and-run death - 3
- Roommate convicted of selling heroin out of former Manchester teacher's home - 4
- Senate approves parental rights bill - 2
- Raymond police investigating thefts of cord wood - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH Supreme Court upholds dismissal of O'Brien suit vs NHDP over 'robocalls' - 0
- Police: Convicted Antrim sex offender mentored child he molested - 0
- AG says Rockingham County attorney probe 'substantially complete' - 0
- Nashua mayor says finance committee lacked authority to table buying dump trucks - 0
- Firefighters battle blaze at Pittsfield pizza plant - 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Wildcats, Hogan not finished yet - 0
- Little Green has quartet of contenders for New England wrestling championships - 0
- Roger Brown's High School Basketball: Madness has arrived - 0
- Monarchs: Let's play three - 0
Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief