Dec 4, 2014
Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Janitor accused of stealing Keene State book fine money
Keene Police Sgt. Mike Kopcha said his department was involved in an investigation spanning a few months, after receiving reports that money was being taken from a jar located on a counter at the college's library, where students deposit money for late book returns.
"Due to the high volume of people who had access to the library, it was impossible to identify a suspect," said Kopcha.
Kopcha said the library was closed to students over spring break, and that the only access to the library the day the most recent theft occurred was a cleaning crew from Unico, according to records showing security card swipes.
Kopcha said a Keene man, Zachary Prentice, 28, who was employed by Unico as a cleaner was not a member of the crew assigned to clean the library that day, yet records show he swiped a security card to access the facility.
Kopcha said a warrant was issued for Prentice, and he was picked up at his home on Pearl Street at 6 p.m. Saturday, charged with four counts of misdemeanor theft. Kopcha said police estimate, in total, about $200 was taken from the fine jar over several months.
Prentice was held on a separate bench warrant, and is due to be arraigned today at the 8th District Court in Keene.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Man arrested for failing to register as sex offender - 0
- Two Keene men charged with burglary and assault - 0
- Shooting victim's spouse's car being searched - 0
- Altercation leads to suspect fleeing, threatening police - 0
- Crash ends high-speed chase in Lyndeborough - 0
- Good Samaritan pins Manchester purse snatcher - 0
- High speed chase ends in crash in Lyndeborough - 2
- Two Manchester women arrested in separate shoplifting incidents in Hooksett - 3
- Maine police search car belonging to husband of Londonderry shooting victim - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Pinkerton community excited about relationship with Google - 0
- OKC outguns Bonner, Spurs - 0
- Schaller sent back to minors - 0
- Mount Sunapee plan opponents want more hearings - 0
- Former Colonial Theatre finance director indicted - 0
- Circut Court Judge refuses to recuse himself from hearings - 0
- Pipeline push gets a second wind - 0
- Newbies welcome on NH slopes - 0
- Adding firefighters debated as curb to overtime - 0
Murder suspect fit for trial?
'Interview' buzz spreads to NH
Pipeline push gets a second wind
Win tickets to see Linkin Park
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483