Nov 6, 2014
Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Janitor accused of stealing Keene State book fine money
Keene Police Sgt. Mike Kopcha said his department was involved in an investigation spanning a few months, after receiving reports that money was being taken from a jar located on a counter at the college's library, where students deposit money for late book returns.
"Due to the high volume of people who had access to the library, it was impossible to identify a suspect," said Kopcha.
Kopcha said the library was closed to students over spring break, and that the only access to the library the day the most recent theft occurred was a cleaning crew from Unico, according to records showing security card swipes.
Kopcha said a Keene man, Zachary Prentice, 28, who was employed by Unico as a cleaner was not a member of the crew assigned to clean the library that day, yet records show he swiped a security card to access the facility.
Kopcha said a warrant was issued for Prentice, and he was picked up at his home on Pearl Street at 6 p.m. Saturday, charged with four counts of misdemeanor theft. Kopcha said police estimate, in total, about $200 was taken from the fine jar over several months.
Prentice was held on a separate bench warrant, and is due to be arraigned today at the 8th District Court in Keene.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester police investigating after man stabbed in neck - 0
- Ferguson protests enter third day; arrests in St. Louis - 0
- Abuse history at Nashua address where 3-year-old died - 6
- Franklin robbery suspect sought, considered armed and dangerous - 0
- Franklin man and woman arraigned for attempted prostitution of minor - 0
- Police investigating death of 3-year-old girl in Nashua - 7
- Police say hit-and-run driver was observed tossing beer cans from car - 0
- Police say woman stole pocketbook at Hudson Market Basket - 0
- Police say former manager of Hudson McDonald's stole $10k from restaurant - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Celtics Insider: Celtics rule Smart out of tomorrow's game against Chicago - 0
- Berube the backbone of Monarchs' team 'D' - 0
- Packers QB Revis will pose a challenge for Patriots - 0
- Hudson may start charging for non-transport ambulance calls - 0
- NH suffers 4th worst outage on record - 0
- Camping out didn't pay for shoppers - 0
- Newsreel: Concord economic forecast; Tech Council hosts forum; UNH Fairchild Dairy honored - 0
- Londonderry-based MegaFood launches transparency project in vitamin industry - 0
- Grant program to help Granite State students with loans - 0
Person found dead in Manchester alley
On being American: A point for reflection
Your Turn, NH -- Mike Moffett: Republicans can win in 2016 with Kasich at the top of the ticket
NH suffers 4th worst outage on record
Pat Buchanan: What to make of Ferguson?
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483