NH master gardeners will 'Welcome Spring' April 6 in Concord
CONCORD - It may be snowing outside as you read this, but spring is at hand, and the gardening season isn't far behind.
The New Hampshire Master Gardener Association and UNH Cooperative Extension will sponsor the annual "Welcome Spring" gardening symposium on Saturday, April 6, from 8 a.m. to 3:45 pm. at the Grappone Conference Center in Concord.
The symposium offers a full day of garden-related lectures and presentations. The "Passionate Perennialist"- garden designer, author and TV personality Kerry Ann Mendez - will be keynote speaker.
During the day, participants can choose between three series of presentations and workshops:
Edibles Series: Growing Great Tomatoes, Active Wintertime Gardening and Herbs to Grow and Use.
Garden Design Series: Landscaping for Birds and Wildlife, Designing Edible Landscapes, and Pruning for Good Fruit and Good Looks.
Special Presentations: Glorious Garlic, Growing a Children's Garden at School, and Deer-Resistant Plantings.
Vendors will be offering gardening supplies, books and jewelry, and a silent auction will feature a multitude of gardening items.
Tickets are $70 for the day, which includes contintental breakfast and a buffet lunch.
For information contact the UNH Cooperative Extension at 877-398-4769 or visit http://tinyurl.com/mastergarden.
To improve the chance of seeing your comment posted here or published in the New Hampshire Union Leader:
- Identify yourself. Accounts using fake or incomplete names are suspended regardless of the quality of posts.
- Say something new, stay on topic, keep it short.
- Links to outside URLs are discouraged, if used they should be on topic.
- Avoid comments in bad taste, write well, avoid using all capital letters
- Don't cite facts about individuals or businesses without providing a means to verify the claim
- If you see an objectionable comment please click the "Report Abuse" button and be sure to tell us why.
Note: Comments are the opinion of the respective poster and not of the publisher.Be the first to comment.