Medical examiner won't give cause of death for Danville teen
The office said Monday it was withholding the results of an autopsy because of privacy concerns expressed by the teen's family.
State police have released few details about a shooting incident reported inside the chief's home at 53 Caramel Drive on the night of March 11.
State Police Lt. Chris Vetter said last week Parsons wasn't home at the time of the incident and that the 15-year-old boy who died was believed to be alone. He also said that the initial investigation showed that the incident "doesn't appear to be accidental."
State police referred questions on the cause of death to the state medical examiner's office.
On Monday, Deputy Attorney General Ann Rice said the cause of death would remain private under an exemption in the state's Right to Know Law. She cited RSA 91-A:5, which allows governmental records to be withheld for various reasons, including medical files "whose disclosure would constitute invasion of privacy."
Meanwhile, state police continue to investigate the circumstances surrounding the death and have said that, depending on their findings, the case may be sent to the Rockingham County Attorney's Office for review.
Selectmen have also taken no action against Parsons, though he has taken a personal leave following what Selectman Shawn O'Neil called a "very tragic event."
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Pinkerton community excited about relationship with Google - 0
- OKC outguns Bonner, Spurs - 0
- Schaller sent back to minors - 0
- Mount Sunapee plan opponents want more hearings - 0
- Former Colonial Theatre finance director indicted - 0
- Circut Court Judge refuses to recuse himself from hearings - 0
- Pipeline push gets a second wind - 0
- Newbies welcome on NH slopes - 0
- Troy welfare officer indicted for misusing town’s money - 0
Murder suspect fit for trial?
'Interview' buzz spreads to NH
Pipeline push gets a second wind
Win tickets to see Linkin Park