Medical examiner won't give cause of death for Danville teen
The office said Monday it was withholding the results of an autopsy because of privacy concerns expressed by the teen's family.
State police have released few details about a shooting incident reported inside the chief's home at 53 Caramel Drive on the night of March 11.
State Police Lt. Chris Vetter said last week Parsons wasn't home at the time of the incident and that the 15-year-old boy who died was believed to be alone. He also said that the initial investigation showed that the incident "doesn't appear to be accidental."
State police referred questions on the cause of death to the state medical examiner's office.
On Monday, Deputy Attorney General Ann Rice said the cause of death would remain private under an exemption in the state's Right to Know Law. She cited RSA 91-A:5, which allows governmental records to be withheld for various reasons, including medical files "whose disclosure would constitute invasion of privacy."
Meanwhile, state police continue to investigate the circumstances surrounding the death and have said that, depending on their findings, the case may be sent to the Rockingham County Attorney's Office for review.
Selectmen have also taken no action against Parsons, though he has taken a personal leave following what Selectman Shawn O'Neil called a "very tragic event."
READER COMMENTS: 5
- AG to appeal ruling reinstating County Attorney Jim Reams - 3
- Supreme Court: Liquor Commission, trial judge did not follow right-to-know law - 1
- Judge reinstates suspended Rockingham County attorney - 4
- Former Manchester school chief Tom Brennan dies a year after he retired - 6
- Speedway, NH casino called a natural fit, track's GM says - 8
- Federal data shows which doctors reap Medicare millions - 3
- Privacy foremost at hearing on NH bill to restrict government spying, commercial use of drones - 18
- Six months later, Abigail's disappearance still a mystery - 1
- Retired judge reprimanded, told remarks were sexist - 5
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Londonderry councilors critical of town’s economic development website - 0
- Candia teen faces more counts in connection with burglary - 0
- Suspect arrested, loot recovered 10 minutes after Derry bank robbery - 0
- Ellsbury propels Yanks over Sox - 0
- Bruins shut out Wings - 0
- Phaneuf leads Derryfield laxers past Pelham - 0
- High School Volleyball results - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Teen recruited juvenile for burglaries - 0
- Cell phones, speakers stolen in separate incidents - 0
Younger of two brothers convicted of murdering parents quietly released after 18 years in prison
Shaheen touts land conservation fund
High School Volleyball results
Bruins shut out Wings
Lake Winnipesaukee ice-out expected today
Prepare to pay more to park in Manchester
Secret arrests? Not if we can help it
Latest Groton wind farm fight: Snow plowing