Medical examiner won't give cause of death for Danville teen
The office said Monday it was withholding the results of an autopsy because of privacy concerns expressed by the teen's family.
State police have released few details about a shooting incident reported inside the chief's home at 53 Caramel Drive on the night of March 11.
State Police Lt. Chris Vetter said last week Parsons wasn't home at the time of the incident and that the 15-year-old boy who died was believed to be alone. He also said that the initial investigation showed that the incident "doesn't appear to be accidental."
State police referred questions on the cause of death to the state medical examiner's office.
On Monday, Deputy Attorney General Ann Rice said the cause of death would remain private under an exemption in the state's Right to Know Law. She cited RSA 91-A:5, which allows governmental records to be withheld for various reasons, including medical files "whose disclosure would constitute invasion of privacy."
Meanwhile, state police continue to investigate the circumstances surrounding the death and have said that, depending on their findings, the case may be sent to the Rockingham County Attorney's Office for review.
Selectmen have also taken no action against Parsons, though he has taken a personal leave following what Selectman Shawn O'Neil called a "very tragic event."
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Navy: Anyone want keys to the Castle at Portsmouth shipyard? - 1
- Occupy Manchester group ousted from park makes case before New Hampshire Supreme Ccourt - 0
- Former NH state trooper gets new state job after 2010 conviction - 18
- Public hearing is set in Portsmouth on plan to beddown 12 KC-46A aircraft - 0
- U.N. denies reports representative in Ukraine seized in Crimea - 0
- Frigid weather has maple producers expecting a 'couple of weeks' delay - 0
- NH Motor Speedway founder selling lakeside estate for NH-record $49 million - 7
- Crotched Mountain honors its farming roots with tree farm honor - 0
- 'Our lost duck friends' remembered - 23
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester man who defrauded banks in mortgage foreclosure scheme gets 6 years - 0
- March storm brings accumulation mystery, maybe misery - 0
- Manchester’s Slebodnick stars in Cornell’s title win - 0
- NHIAA Girls’ Div. I final four offers intriguing matchups - 0
- Goffstown voters have lots to consider with schools - 0
- With snow budget depleted, Nashua dips into trust fund - 0
- Manchester CrimeWatch: Graffiti charge keeps teen’s bail from changing - 0
- Police union contract a top concern for Bedford voters - 0
- Proposed school budget creates stir in Allenstown - 0
Taken for a ride: Hooksett’s Pinkerton deal
Manchester schools project budget surplus
Dover man found not guilty of sex assault but convicted of drugging three women in Portsmouth