Mar 12, 2014
Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Derry woman set to plead guilty to burglaries
Kristen Gile, 22, is expected to receive a 12-month county jail sentence in exchange for her guilty pleas in three cases now pending in superior court. Police first arrested Gile days after she allegedly burglarized her ex-boyfriend's home in Derry and stole his wallet last May 28.
Gile later attempted to use her ex-boyfriend's debit card at a local CVS store, and then tried to use the card to obtain money from an ATM last May 30, according to a police affidavit.
Derry police obtained store surveillance images from the CVS store that showed Gile attempting to use the card, a police affidavit said. Police also collected bank paperwork that showed four transactions in which she attempted to obtain money.
The boyfriend had reported the wallet as lost, but police found out about the burglary when a woman who drove Gile to the residence told them about the theft, police said.
Prosecutors say Gile also burglarized an acquaintance's home on June 6 shortly after visiting the home, and later sold a stolen ring at a local pawn shop around June 30.
Defense lawyers recently won permission from a judge to try the cases separately, arguing they were all unrelated incidents. Prosecutors did not object. Gile then struck a plea deal on all of the charges in those cases, court records say.
In addition to a year-long jail sentence, Gile would remain on probation for three years. She will have an additional 12-month sentence suspended as long as she remains on good behavior, according to terms of the deal. A judge will have to approve the plea deal. She is scheduled to enter her guilty plea on June 12. Had she been convicted at trial, Gile could have faced up to 3½ to 7 years in state prison on the felony charges.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Was a crime committed? Nashua police are not certain - 0
- Man arrested in Nashua market robbery - 0
- Fugitive of the week arrested in Maine - 0
- Manchester CrimeWatch: City woman connected to fatal crash in court again - 0
- UPDATED: Rochester man shot multiple times as police attempted arrest - 0
- Bedford man sentenced for lobster trap thefts - 0
- Manchester police recover $2,000 worth of painkillers in drug arrest - 2
- UPDATE: Hudson police standoff ends; person in custody - 0
- Manchester man who defrauded banks in mortgage foreclosure scheme gets 6 years - 2
READER COMMENTS: 12
- Manchester woman wakes to find burglar in home - 0
- No dice: House kills casino gambling bill - 3
- Poetry Out Loud championship rescheduled due to storm - 0
- Portsmouth buildings evacuated for reported gas leak - 0
- Mass. man dies in Chesterfield crash - 0
- Manchester collision results in pedestrian's death - 1
- SCORE workshop offers social media tips - 0
- Sens. Shaheen, Ayotte slam latest push for online sales tax - 5
- Bedford girls basketball team spreads the scoring wealth - 0
SCORE workshop offers social media tips
Minimum wages: Maximum spin
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown doles out $29k to NHGOP committees from his PAC
Hooksett votes down Pinkerton schools deal