June 11, 2013
June 4, 2013
May 29, 2013
May 22, 2013
Derry woman set to plead guilty to burglaries
Kristen Gile, 22, is expected to receive a 12-month county jail sentence in exchange for her guilty pleas in three cases now pending in superior court. Police first arrested Gile days after she allegedly burglarized her ex-boyfriend's home in Derry and stole his wallet last May 28.
Gile later attempted to use her ex-boyfriend's debit card at a local CVS store, and then tried to use the card to obtain money from an ATM last May 30, according to a police affidavit.
Derry police obtained store surveillance images from the CVS store that showed Gile attempting to use the card, a police affidavit said. Police also collected bank paperwork that showed four transactions in which she attempted to obtain money.
The boyfriend had reported the wallet as lost, but police found out about the burglary when a woman who drove Gile to the residence told them about the theft, police said.
Prosecutors say Gile also burglarized an acquaintance's home on June 6 shortly after visiting the home, and later sold a stolen ring at a local pawn shop around June 30.
Defense lawyers recently won permission from a judge to try the cases separately, arguing they were all unrelated incidents. Prosecutors did not object. Gile then struck a plea deal on all of the charges in those cases, court records say.
In addition to a year-long jail sentence, Gile would remain on probation for three years. She will have an additional 12-month sentence suspended as long as she remains on good behavior, according to terms of the deal. A judge will have to approve the plea deal. She is scheduled to enter her guilty plea on June 12. Had she been convicted at trial, Gile could have faced up to 3½ to 7 years in state prison on the felony charges.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Nashua couple's deaths called suspicious - 22
- Hampton man indicted for distributing child porn - 0
- Mother of drowned baby gets prison time - 6
- Former Londonderry coach indicted in sex assault of two girls - 1
- Manchester resident interrupts burglary - 0
- Auburn woman struck in head with bottle of cologne - 1
- Manchester cabbie assaulted, robbed - 0
- Somersworth man said toddler fussed so he tied him in a blanket - 28
- Hooksett mother arrested for making repeated 911 calls, police say - 3
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Large billboards grabbing attention on Route 101 in Epping - 1
- Pearl Street lot proposal involves student housing in Manchester - 0
- Manchester VFW posts fights to survive without poker cash - 0
- Surveillance led NSA to 50 terror 'events' - 0
- One arrested as Concord gun-control rally gets rowdy - 13
- Celtics, Clippers call off Doc deal - 0
- High school football is in the air as CHad practice opens - 0
- Agencies to offer summer food service to Derry children in need - 0
- Londonderry emergency shelter will now be open to pets - 0
Dodgeball returns to Windham schools
Voter restrictions: Who will govern us?
Nashua couple's deaths called suspicious
Mother of drowned baby gets prison time
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424