Aug 28, 2014
Aug 21, 2014
Aug 14, 2014
Jul 24, 2014
Derry woman set to plead guilty to burglaries
Kristen Gile, 22, is expected to receive a 12-month county jail sentence in exchange for her guilty pleas in three cases now pending in superior court. Police first arrested Gile days after she allegedly burglarized her ex-boyfriend's home in Derry and stole his wallet last May 28.
Gile later attempted to use her ex-boyfriend's debit card at a local CVS store, and then tried to use the card to obtain money from an ATM last May 30, according to a police affidavit.
Derry police obtained store surveillance images from the CVS store that showed Gile attempting to use the card, a police affidavit said. Police also collected bank paperwork that showed four transactions in which she attempted to obtain money.
The boyfriend had reported the wallet as lost, but police found out about the burglary when a woman who drove Gile to the residence told them about the theft, police said.
Prosecutors say Gile also burglarized an acquaintance's home on June 6 shortly after visiting the home, and later sold a stolen ring at a local pawn shop around June 30.
Defense lawyers recently won permission from a judge to try the cases separately, arguing they were all unrelated incidents. Prosecutors did not object. Gile then struck a plea deal on all of the charges in those cases, court records say.
In addition to a year-long jail sentence, Gile would remain on probation for three years. She will have an additional 12-month sentence suspended as long as she remains on good behavior, according to terms of the deal. A judge will have to approve the plea deal. She is scheduled to enter her guilty plea on June 12. Had she been convicted at trial, Gile could have faced up to 3½ to 7 years in state prison on the felony charges.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Authorities mum about reports of shooting in Manchester - 0
- Police say woman broke into Hollis home and took pictures - 0
- Addiction treatment doctor gets restricted license - 0
- Newmarket man charged with sex assault of 12-year-old girl - 0
- Wife charged with stabbing husband during argument - 0
- Imprisoned pair could add to their already lengthy sentences if found guilty of assault - 0
- Judge nixes house arrest for man convicted in Ponzi scheme - 0
- Raymond man faces possession of child porn charges - 0
- Man failed to note conviction on gun permit - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Tom Herzig's Trackside: Patnode poised to win NH Weekly Series crown - 0
- NHIAA Boys' Soccer Preview: Talent to boot - 0
- Last call at home for Fisher Cats tonight - 0
- Jessica Goldman was on the move - 0
- Band camp gets Memorial musicians in rhythm a week early - 1
- Drew Cline: Small sleights of hand in Republican primaries around NH - 0
- Where is Shaheen? Hiding from you - 6
- Portman's good point: A leadership deficit all around - 1
- Scott and Genevieve Kelley - 0
Where is Shaheen? Hiding from you
Reports: Market Basket doomsday plan would shutter 61 of 71 stores if deal not struck soon
GOP for legal pot? Hemignway's high help
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917