May 22, 2013
May 15, 2013
May 8, 2013
May 1, 2013
Derry woman set to plead guilty to burglaries
Kristen Gile, 22, is expected to receive a 12-month county jail sentence in exchange for her guilty pleas in three cases now pending in superior court. Police first arrested Gile days after she allegedly burglarized her ex-boyfriend's home in Derry and stole his wallet last May 28.
Gile later attempted to use her ex-boyfriend's debit card at a local CVS store, and then tried to use the card to obtain money from an ATM last May 30, according to a police affidavit.
Derry police obtained store surveillance images from the CVS store that showed Gile attempting to use the card, a police affidavit said. Police also collected bank paperwork that showed four transactions in which she attempted to obtain money.
The boyfriend had reported the wallet as lost, but police found out about the burglary when a woman who drove Gile to the residence told them about the theft, police said.
Prosecutors say Gile also burglarized an acquaintance's home on June 6 shortly after visiting the home, and later sold a stolen ring at a local pawn shop around June 30.
Defense lawyers recently won permission from a judge to try the cases separately, arguing they were all unrelated incidents. Prosecutors did not object. Gile then struck a plea deal on all of the charges in those cases, court records say.
In addition to a year-long jail sentence, Gile would remain on probation for three years. She will have an additional 12-month sentence suspended as long as she remains on good behavior, according to terms of the deal. A judge will have to approve the plea deal. She is scheduled to enter her guilty plea on June 12. Had she been convicted at trial, Gile could have faced up to 3½ to 7 years in state prison on the felony charges.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police say Nashua man struck woman with Jeep - 0
- Police seek man they say passed counterfeit bill at Manchester mall - 1
- Manchester police seek Food Mart robber - 4
- No arrests in Manchester homicide; single shot to chest killed man - 14
- Jury finds Chester man guilty of sex assault - 1
- License revocations for DWI announced - 0
- Hampton man indicted for Poker Room assault, robbery - 0
- UPDATED: Chester police seek two men in armed home invasion - 2
- Intruder, a burglar, and attempted break-in keep Manchester police busy - 0
READER COMMENTS: 23
- Updated: House votes to ban lead sinkers and jigs an ounce or under - 9
- Updated: Car may have started itself, crashes, burns at Manchester Home Depot - 5
- Threats at Goffstown High ‘not credible’ - 0
- Updated: House passes auto dealers bill of rights - 2
- Rochester man facing up to 30 years in prison for brutal assault - 1
- Pease chosen to receive new KC-46A refueling tanker; to bring 100 jobs - 9
- FBI agent kills Florida man during questioning about Marathon bombing suspect - 3
- Lightning strikes home in Exeter - 0
- For now, no more breakfasts in Manchester's Veterans Park - 17
License revocations for DWI announced
Experts weigh in on UNH logo designs
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424