Amherst students show off poise, enthusiasm in speaking contest
The finalists from this year's contest were: fifth-grader Kate Boyea with her presentation of "Gingerbread Fred," sixth-grader Kate Eastland with "The Paper Bag Princess," and seventh-grader Kaitlin Griffin, with her personal memory of "The Juice Fiasco." Seventh-grader Sean Corrigan was given the Aaron Ebbert Award for enthusiasm and excellence in public speaking.
Students were required to choose a story or picture book that inspired them, memorize it and then perform it for their classroom before taking the stage in front of the entire grade level.
"The performances were exceptional. The students dazzled the audience with enthusiasm, poise and talent," said a release from the school. "It was an outstanding evening of excitement and entertainment, and we look forward to seeing what next year will bring."
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester sanitation workers save ferret from trash barrel - 0
- Rabid cat found, shot in Hillsborough - 0
- Rabid raccoons in Hanover raise ‘rabies season’ concerns - 0
- This week's Rare Bird Alert - 0
- Wounded during Gilford chicken coop raid, bear is euthanized - 3
- Epping dump cats left on their own - 47
- This Week's Rare Bird Alert - 0
- Animal rights group finds butterfly release at kindness rally kind of cruel - 10
- Bald eagle family takes up residence in Manchester - 4
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Somersworth man indicted for Market Basket robbery in Epping - 0
- Former editor indicted on child porn charges - 0
- White powder in Salem shipping container posed no serious risks - 0
- 65 mph OK for E-ZPass drivers with opening of new lanes at Hooksett toll plaza - 1
- Updated: NH Senate kills House-passed gas, tobacco tax hikes - 3
- Senate Finance Committee rejects Medicaid expansion - 12
- Man wielding pipe robs Cumberland Farms in Goffstown - 0
- Buchholz moves to 7-0 as Red Sox post win - 0
- Gambling bill scuttled, 'Now it is going to be really tough' for budget - 32
License revocations for DWI announced
- Should schools do more to police food and beverages consumed at school?
- Total Votes: 112