Amherst students show off poise, enthusiasm in speaking contest
The finalists from this year's contest were: fifth-grader Kate Boyea with her presentation of "Gingerbread Fred," sixth-grader Kate Eastland with "The Paper Bag Princess," and seventh-grader Kaitlin Griffin, with her personal memory of "The Juice Fiasco." Seventh-grader Sean Corrigan was given the Aaron Ebbert Award for enthusiasm and excellence in public speaking.
Students were required to choose a story or picture book that inspired them, memorize it and then perform it for their classroom before taking the stage in front of the entire grade level.
"The performances were exceptional. The students dazzled the audience with enthusiasm, poise and talent," said a release from the school. "It was an outstanding evening of excitement and entertainment, and we look forward to seeing what next year will bring."
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Stonyfield founder tells FPU grads to ask, 'Why not?' - 0
- Tiny Thomas More College class urged to be courageous - 0
- Lebanon College graduates 19 - 0
- Plymouth State speaker tells grads to 'Become agents of change' - 0
- Former FBI head tells St. Anselm graduates it is important to give back - 1
- UNH commencement speaker tells graduates: Don't worry about mistakes, learn from them - 2
- Ayotte tells NEC graduates to be passionate about their work - 1
- Antioch University awards 145 degrees - 0
- Message to Nashua Community College grads: find strength - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Three Fisher Cat hurlers combine to pitch shutout - 0
- Investigators seek cause of Conn. train crash - 0
- Ortiz knocks in six in Red Sox win - 0
- Lakes Region, Great Bay CC hold commencement ceremonies - 0
- Berlin man dies while kayaking - 0
- Man seriously hurt in North Country crash of 1967 Porsche - 0
- NH troopers help Boston victims - 0
- New president named at FIRST - 0
- NH Military People: NH woman graduates from Air Force training - 0
Ortiz knocks in six in Red Sox win
UNH Law School grads told to 'serve justice'
Lebanon College graduates 19
Lawyer says Northern Pass in 'a corner'
UNH hires firm to redesign one of its logos
- Should schools do more to police food and beverages consumed at school?
- Total Votes: 112