Amherst students show off poise, enthusiasm in speaking contest
The finalists from this year's contest were: fifth-grader Kate Boyea with her presentation of "Gingerbread Fred," sixth-grader Kate Eastland with "The Paper Bag Princess," and seventh-grader Kaitlin Griffin, with her personal memory of "The Juice Fiasco." Seventh-grader Sean Corrigan was given the Aaron Ebbert Award for enthusiasm and excellence in public speaking.
Students were required to choose a story or picture book that inspired them, memorize it and then perform it for their classroom before taking the stage in front of the entire grade level.
"The performances were exceptional. The students dazzled the audience with enthusiasm, poise and talent," said a release from the school. "It was an outstanding evening of excitement and entertainment, and we look forward to seeing what next year will bring."
READER COMMENTS: 0
- New UNH logo draws mixed reactions - 10
- Nashua school board approves changes in design, hospitality, music programs - 0
- Claremont seeks alternatives to demolishing Stevens High School stage - 0
- UNH unveils new 'shield' logo - 26
- UNH lecturers seek to unionize - 12
- Jump seen in number of free, reduced-price meals at NH schools - 1
- Policy change on school milk may cut food waste - 0
- Youngsters show how they would battle 'Nature's Fury' - 0
- Exploring the dark side of social media - 0
READER COMMENTS: 33
- Town's Visiting Nurse Service to get new lease on life in 2014 - 0
- Volunteers sought for discipline committees - 0
- In Portsmouth, ACA primer fails to draw much interest - 0
- Heating fuel assistance funding cuts draw ire of Rep. Kuster - 0
- Nashua aldermen vote for new leadership - 0
- Negotiations with city teachers collapse; Gatsas to take over talks - 0
- Wildcats hockey team falls from national rankings - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Another battle looms for Gronk - 0
- Former Kennett quarterback bowl-bound as BC lineman - 0
Wreaths Across America get big send-off
Where’s Waldo? Just ask the NSA
New UNH logo draws mixed reactions
Bird blenders: 'Green energy' sacrifice
- Do you like the new University of New Hampshire logo?
- Total Votes: 383