Amherst students show off poise, enthusiasm in speaking contest
The finalists from this year's contest were: fifth-grader Kate Boyea with her presentation of "Gingerbread Fred," sixth-grader Kate Eastland with "The Paper Bag Princess," and seventh-grader Kaitlin Griffin, with her personal memory of "The Juice Fiasco." Seventh-grader Sean Corrigan was given the Aaron Ebbert Award for enthusiasm and excellence in public speaking.
Students were required to choose a story or picture book that inspired them, memorize it and then perform it for their classroom before taking the stage in front of the entire grade level.
"The performances were exceptional. The students dazzled the audience with enthusiasm, poise and talent," said a release from the school. "It was an outstanding evening of excitement and entertainment, and we look forward to seeing what next year will bring."
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Fetal homicide: A compromise at last? - 4
- Freedom & discovery: A mathematician gets noticed - 0
- Preventing Newtown: Background checks won’t - 29
- Taunting taxpayers: Manchester teachers union won’t budge - 35
- Insurance choices: Shaheen, Shea-Porter, Kuster mislead - 19
- Looking for Abigail: Public can help find her - 3
- Riding lessons: DRED improves horse rules - 5
- Pray for safety: The state did not provide it - 15
- Big league gambling: AG makes right call on casinos - 8
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Couple charged in connection with Exeter burglaries - 0
- Proposed article sets rules for use of temporary signs - 0
- Newsreel: State unemployment stable; Gates Foundation CEO named; generic Viagra out soon - 0
- Leclerc takes second place in men's hockey - 0
- Trinity-Central game pushed to tonight - 0
- Derryfield's Hyde, Faulkner star in ski relays - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Goalies everywhere - 0
- 'The Granite Wall' stays solid as UNH marches into postseason - 0
- Lebanon City Hall renovation could move forward at hearing - 0
Shaheen, Ayotte split on House budget plan
- Do you like the new University of New Hampshire logo?
- Total Votes: 383