Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
After court session Monday, Manchester man comes back for charge
Juan Rivera Ortiz, 29, of 421 Manchester St., had failed to appear in court Dec. 13, 2011, for deferred sentence hearings on simple assault and criminal trespass convictions involving the same woman as the stalking charges.
Bail had been set at $50,000 cash/surety Monday, so bail on the deferred sentence hearing issue was set at $500 cash.
The deferred sentence hearings were reset for April 23, the same day as Rivera Ortiz's trial on the drug possession charge.
Alleged ring stealer
An Allenstown woman was arraigned Tuesday in Circuit Court-Manchester District Division on a felony charge of receiving stolen property and a misdemeanor of theft by deception.
Ashley Martel, 24, of 35 Fullam Circle, could enter no plea to the felony charge that alleges she had in her possession a gold and diamond ring that she knew was stolen.
She pleaded innocent to the theft by deception charge that alleges she sold the stolen ring, valued at $3,800, to Cash for Gold, 8 Gabrielle St., for $100.
Court documents show police were able to view a photo of Martel and her boyfriend when she sold it. Under the city pawnshop ordinance that went into effect last year, buyers must upload a digital photo of the item and the seller to LeadsOnline within a day and must hold the item for 30 days before selling it.
The documents show the item was sold to the store Dec. 27, but when police checked more than 30 days later, the ring was gone.
A probable cause hearing on the felony was set for April 3 and trial on the misdemeanor was set for April 25. Bail was set at $500 cash/surety.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 'Fugitive of the week' arrested in Hooksett - 0
- Dover police arrest 3 on drug charges - 0
- Manchester woman accused of driving on sidewalk chasing boyfriend - 0
- Vehicle stops in Manchester yield 3 drug arrests - 0
- Pelham had employed finance head charged with embezzlement - 0
- Two in Keene robbed at home - 0
- Mass. man accused in sex assault of teen in Nashua - 0
- Police seek 4 teens for Manchester robbery - 0
- Manchester man charged in forklift theft - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Sports Briefs: No miracle finish for Vonn - 0
- Browns QB Campbell cleared to face Pats - 0
- Bruins defenseman Boychuk's status unknown - 0
- SNHU seeks NCAA title - 0
- Wildcat gridders visit Maine in defining game for program - 0
- Manchester needs more police department argues in staffing report - 1
- Reams threatens to sue county commissioners - 0
- Mont Vernon picks Milford officer as next police chief - 0
- NH veterans remember attack on Pearl Harbor - 0
Science, art combine for cancer fundraiser
Reams threatens to sue county commissioners
Dover police arrest 3 on drug charges
Conway is heartened by word of her letter
'Fugitive of the week' arrested in Hooksett
McWages: They're about value
Pot debate precedes legislative hearings
Dingman: 'I try to be a better person'
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown says 'nothing is really changed' on political plans
Judge rules to keep officers on Laurie list
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424