Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Feb 6, 2014
After court session Monday, Manchester man comes back for charge
Juan Rivera Ortiz, 29, of 421 Manchester St., had failed to appear in court Dec. 13, 2011, for deferred sentence hearings on simple assault and criminal trespass convictions involving the same woman as the stalking charges.
Bail had been set at $50,000 cash/surety Monday, so bail on the deferred sentence hearing issue was set at $500 cash.
The deferred sentence hearings were reset for April 23, the same day as Rivera Ortiz's trial on the drug possession charge.
Alleged ring stealer
An Allenstown woman was arraigned Tuesday in Circuit Court-Manchester District Division on a felony charge of receiving stolen property and a misdemeanor of theft by deception.
Ashley Martel, 24, of 35 Fullam Circle, could enter no plea to the felony charge that alleges she had in her possession a gold and diamond ring that she knew was stolen.
She pleaded innocent to the theft by deception charge that alleges she sold the stolen ring, valued at $3,800, to Cash for Gold, 8 Gabrielle St., for $100.
Court documents show police were able to view a photo of Martel and her boyfriend when she sold it. Under the city pawnshop ordinance that went into effect last year, buyers must upload a digital photo of the item and the seller to LeadsOnline within a day and must hold the item for 30 days before selling it.
The documents show the item was sold to the store Dec. 27, but when police checked more than 30 days later, the ring was gone.
A probable cause hearing on the felony was set for April 3 and trial on the misdemeanor was set for April 25. Bail was set at $500 cash/surety.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- UPDATE: Hudson police standoff ends; person in custody - 0
- Manchester man who defrauded banks in mortgage foreclosure scheme gets 6 years - 0
- Manchester CrimeWatch: Graffiti charge keeps teen’s bail from changing - 0
- Manchester-based scam roofer going to prison for making promises, taking money - 0
- UPDATED: Manchester police recover $11,000 in drugs while investigating domestic assault - 1
- Somersworth mother charged over statements in abuse case against Rochester boyfriend - 1
- UPDATE: Rochester man says he held girl, 3, in headlock for wetting the bed - 1
- Nine arrested in Ossipee drug sweep - 0
- Litchfield woman charged in theft at local grocery store - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Poll activity slow but steady in Londonderry - 0
- Manchester police recover $2,000 worth of painkillers in drug arrest - 0
- 600 votes cast in Hudson by midday - 0
- Londonderry polls average 100 voters per hour - 0
- Faulty lamp caused Manchester blaze - 0
- Nashua school members' letter prompts an apology - 0
- UNH Law named a top 100 law school in magazine’s rankings - 0
- Musher Seavey wins Alaska's Iditarod dogsled race; woman with NH ties finishes second - 0
- Revised lice policy gets cool reception from some at Manchester school meeting - 1
Taken for a ride: Hooksett’s Pinkerton deal
Manchester schools project budget surplus