Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
After court session Monday, Manchester man comes back for charge
Juan Rivera Ortiz, 29, of 421 Manchester St., had failed to appear in court Dec. 13, 2011, for deferred sentence hearings on simple assault and criminal trespass convictions involving the same woman as the stalking charges.
Bail had been set at $50,000 cash/surety Monday, so bail on the deferred sentence hearing issue was set at $500 cash.
The deferred sentence hearings were reset for April 23, the same day as Rivera Ortiz's trial on the drug possession charge.
Alleged ring stealer
An Allenstown woman was arraigned Tuesday in Circuit Court-Manchester District Division on a felony charge of receiving stolen property and a misdemeanor of theft by deception.
Ashley Martel, 24, of 35 Fullam Circle, could enter no plea to the felony charge that alleges she had in her possession a gold and diamond ring that she knew was stolen.
She pleaded innocent to the theft by deception charge that alleges she sold the stolen ring, valued at $3,800, to Cash for Gold, 8 Gabrielle St., for $100.
Court documents show police were able to view a photo of Martel and her boyfriend when she sold it. Under the city pawnshop ordinance that went into effect last year, buyers must upload a digital photo of the item and the seller to LeadsOnline within a day and must hold the item for 30 days before selling it.
The documents show the item was sold to the store Dec. 27, but when police checked more than 30 days later, the ring was gone.
A probable cause hearing on the felony was set for April 3 and trial on the misdemeanor was set for April 25. Bail was set at $500 cash/surety.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Bow man robbed after leaving Manchester YMCA - 0
- Police say Keene robbery victim was targeted through online dating site - 0
- Keene police investigating attempted robbery at grocery store - 0
- Man, woman charged in 3 Kensington burglaries - 1
- Exeter drug sweep nets four - 0
- UPDATE: Convicted sex offender turns himself in - 0
- UPDATE: 3 teens taken into custody for Laconia boys and girls club damage - 1
- Exeter drug sweep nets four - 1
- Volunteers sought for discipline committees - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Windsor man seriously injured in Bennington crash with logging truck - 0
- Nashua teacher contract ratified - 0
- College roundup: Local men's teams go 3-0 for the night - 0
- Girls basketball: Derryfield, Bow girls' teams win - 0
- Hollis teen mourned after fatal crash on turnpike - 1
- Progress reported in Pinkerton-Hooksett high school deal - 1
- LGC subsidiary accused of violating its own bylaws - 0
- Turkey Bowl brawl: Central players suspended, no discipline for Trinity team - 6
- John Stark's 'We the People' gears up for civics competition - 0
Exeter drug sweep nets four
Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand
Shea-Porter: GOP ad about ACA in NH is false
Bird blenders: 'Green energy' sacrifice
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424