Home » Sports » College Sports
NH College Roundup: Dartmouth College baseball win streak ends at eight
Slippery Rock, ranked 28th in the most recent collegiate baseball Division II poll, scored six times in the second inning. Nick Lombardi had an RBI double and Joe Purritano added a sacrifice fly for the Big Green. Trent Goodrich drove in the other run with a groundout.
SNHU: Thursday's home Northeast-10 opener against St. Anselm College has been postponed. The school announced a make-up date of Wednesday, April 3 at 3:30 p.m. at SNHU.
UNH 12, Columbia 11: In Durham, Kayleigh Hinkle scored as time expired to lift the Wildcats (2-5) to their second straight win.
Jenny Simpson had three goals for UNH and goalie Kathleen O'Keefe recorded 11 saves for her fourth consecutive double-digit save performance.
Plymouth State 14, Massachusetts Maritime 7: In Buzzards Bay, Mass., Chris Annunciata netted four goals and an assist to lead the Panthers. Ty Long of Dover added two markers. Two assists each were registered by Stephen Patch of Newbury and Brett Miller of Windham.
Molloy 13, Franklin Pierce 9: In Rockville Centre, N.Y., Franklin Pierce (1-2) was led by Eric Harries who registered a game-high nine shots and Kevin Dargin, who added two goals and two assists.
Dartmouth football opener: The Big Green will play its home opener at Memorial Field in Hanover against Holy Cross at 7 p.m. on Sept. 28. It's just the third scheduled night game since the light towers were installed during the 2011 season.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- UNH fires coach McCloskey over 'incident of inappropriate physical contact with a player' - 0
- UNH No. 18 in USCHO.com poll - 0
- Since Day 1, a focus on excellence for Penmen - 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Once more, with even more feeling - 0
- NH College Roundup: Dartmouth basketball team rips Maine - 0
- Dartmouth hockey team tops Harvard for first victory - 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Defense drives Wildcats' bus -- all the way to Orono - 1
- Men's Hockey: DeSmith posts shutout as Wildcats sweep Colorado College - 0
- College Football: Complete victory sees UNH move on in FCS playoffs - 1
READER COMMENTS: 23
- Winter storm pushes up East Coast after weekend blast - 0
- Police looking for information about blood on Pelham road - 0
- UNH drops Saturday night game to BC, 2-1 - 0
- Patriots stun Cleveland in another wild comeback - 1
- Mass. man says he may have seen missing Conway girl on video - 2
- 'Unprepared' Canadian hikers rescued from Mt. Washington - 1
- Vemont pair killed, Sunapee man hurt in crash on I-89 in Lebanon - 0
- Napoli returns to Boston with two-year deal - 0
- Celtics come up big against Nuggets - 0
UNH unveils new 'shield' logo
Word of Abby's letter spurs tips of no use
UPDATE: 2 dead in I-89 crash in Lebanon, highway northbound restricted to one lane as of 8:20 p.m.
UNH unveils new 'shield' logo
Reams threatens to sue county commissioners
Dover police arrest 3 on drug charges
UNH lecturers seek to unionize