Home » Sports » College Sports
NH College Roundup: Dartmouth College baseball win streak ends at eight
Slippery Rock, ranked 28th in the most recent collegiate baseball Division II poll, scored six times in the second inning. Nick Lombardi had an RBI double and Joe Purritano added a sacrifice fly for the Big Green. Trent Goodrich drove in the other run with a groundout.
SNHU: Thursday's home Northeast-10 opener against St. Anselm College has been postponed. The school announced a make-up date of Wednesday, April 3 at 3:30 p.m. at SNHU.
UNH 12, Columbia 11: In Durham, Kayleigh Hinkle scored as time expired to lift the Wildcats (2-5) to their second straight win.
Jenny Simpson had three goals for UNH and goalie Kathleen O'Keefe recorded 11 saves for her fourth consecutive double-digit save performance.
Plymouth State 14, Massachusetts Maritime 7: In Buzzards Bay, Mass., Chris Annunciata netted four goals and an assist to lead the Panthers. Ty Long of Dover added two markers. Two assists each were registered by Stephen Patch of Newbury and Brett Miller of Windham.
Molloy 13, Franklin Pierce 9: In Rockville Centre, N.Y., Franklin Pierce (1-2) was led by Eric Harries who registered a game-high nine shots and Kevin Dargin, who added two goals and two assists.
Dartmouth football opener: The Big Green will play its home opener at Memorial Field in Hanover against Holy Cross at 7 p.m. on Sept. 28. It's just the third scheduled night game since the light towers were installed during the 2011 season.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Incredible win tempered by loss of Gronkowski - 0
- National champion SNHU booters return home to big welcome - 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Football team on to SE Louisiana - 0
- Nashua aldermen set to vote on contract for teachers - 0
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Let there be Christmas lights - 0
- Plea deal possible in Littleton murder - 0
- New UNH logo draws mixed reactions - 0
- Gilmanton library may shut down if it doesn’t get funding - 0
- Father not convinced girl in video is Abigail Hernandez - 0
New UNH logo draws mixed reactions
New Hampshire Senior News Notes
UNH unveils new 'shield' logo
UNH lecturers seek to unionize
Word of Abby's letter spurs tips of no use