Home » Sports » College Sports
NH College Roundup: Dartmouth College baseball win streak ends at eight
Slippery Rock, ranked 28th in the most recent collegiate baseball Division II poll, scored six times in the second inning. Nick Lombardi had an RBI double and Joe Purritano added a sacrifice fly for the Big Green. Trent Goodrich drove in the other run with a groundout.
SNHU: Thursday's home Northeast-10 opener against St. Anselm College has been postponed. The school announced a make-up date of Wednesday, April 3 at 3:30 p.m. at SNHU.
UNH 12, Columbia 11: In Durham, Kayleigh Hinkle scored as time expired to lift the Wildcats (2-5) to their second straight win.
Jenny Simpson had three goals for UNH and goalie Kathleen O'Keefe recorded 11 saves for her fourth consecutive double-digit save performance.
Plymouth State 14, Massachusetts Maritime 7: In Buzzards Bay, Mass., Chris Annunciata netted four goals and an assist to lead the Panthers. Ty Long of Dover added two markers. Two assists each were registered by Stephen Patch of Newbury and Brett Miller of Windham.
Molloy 13, Franklin Pierce 9: In Rockville Centre, N.Y., Franklin Pierce (1-2) was led by Eric Harries who registered a game-high nine shots and Kevin Dargin, who added two goals and two assists.
Dartmouth football opener: The Big Green will play its home opener at Memorial Field in Hanover against Holy Cross at 7 p.m. on Sept. 28. It's just the third scheduled night game since the light towers were installed during the 2011 season.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Sanbornton voters add money back into budget - 0
- Sanbornton voters say no to SB 2 - 0
- Old building, new roads on Peterborough warrant - 0
- Sanbornton to vote again on SB2 - 0
- Employee pay, dump trucks key Sanbornton warrant - 0
- Proposed New London budget shows 3 percent increase - 0
- Conway voters ok school budget, but reject teacher's contract - 0
- Ortega, Barnes reelected to Merrimack School Board - 0
- Merrimack polls open today - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- House passes auto dealers bill of rights - 0
- Rochester man facing up to 30 years in prison for brutal assault - 0
- Man who confronts burglar in Nashua gets bit - 0
- Police say Nashua man struck woman with Jeep - 0
- Last-minute lobbying frantic as House prepares for casino vote - 2
- Pease chosen to receive new KC-46A refueling tanker; to bring 100 jobs - 5
- FBI agent kills Florida man during questioning about Marathon bombing suspect - 1
- Police seek man they say passed counterfeit bill at Manchester mall - 1
- Lightning strikes home in Exeter - 0
License revocations for DWI announced
UPDATED: Derry marks a soldier's death
Experts weigh in on UNH logo designs