Unity schools pushing for loan to complete elementary school
The loan is being put before voters at the annual school district meeting Saturday in the Stevens High School Auditorium in Claremont. The meeting will start at noon.
The architect of the new school building Scott Vaughn will open the new building for tours Saturday from 8 a.m. to 10 a.m.
According to Unity Elementary School Principal Chip Baldwin, the project has been plagued with site work and construction problems that lead to a redesign that triggered the need for additional funds.
Voters approved a $4.7 million bond to build the new school for kindergartners through eighth-graders at an August 2010 special meeting after state officials ordered Unity Elementary School closed due to numerous unresolved fire and building code violations.
The loan is being put before voters at Stevens High School in Claremont because until the school is completed there is no venue in town large enough to hold the anticipated crowd. The Unity School District is part of SAU 6, which serves the communities of Claremont, Cornish and Unity.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- School group favors opening JROTC at Nashua high school - 0
- Athletics Dept. employee at UNH fired over 'invasion of privacy' - 0
- Loeb School spring classes include travel writing - 0
- Windham ready to open a 'Little Shop of Horrors' - 0
- Salem to decide fate of $75m school proposal - 0
- Allenstown parents mobilize to stave off $1 million school budget cut - 0
- Busy week for voters in Hollis, Brookline - 0
- Nashua to debate school spending - 0
- Test scores tell tale of one city, several towns - 4
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA Tournament Roundup: Central breaks away from Exeter - 0
- College Hockey: Dartmouth drops tournament opener - 0
- FEMA OKs $8m for repairs in Lincoln, Lebanon - 0
- Official says Manchester lost out on $1.5m for cell tower court has now ordered built - 0
- John Habib's City Sports: Derryfield's 'Mouse' made his mark - 0
- Rondo leads Celtics past Nets - 0
- Hats off to O'Neill, Monarchs - 0
- NHIAA Boys' Basketball: Maughn, Memorial top Londonderry - 0
- NHIAA Boys' Basketball: Giampetruzzi leads Trinity into D-I semis - 0
Stacey Cole's Nature Talks: Turkey vultures not commonly seen in NH until fairly recently
Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief