Unity schools pushing for loan to complete elementary school
The loan is being put before voters at the annual school district meeting Saturday in the Stevens High School Auditorium in Claremont. The meeting will start at noon.
The architect of the new school building Scott Vaughn will open the new building for tours Saturday from 8 a.m. to 10 a.m.
According to Unity Elementary School Principal Chip Baldwin, the project has been plagued with site work and construction problems that lead to a redesign that triggered the need for additional funds.
Voters approved a $4.7 million bond to build the new school for kindergartners through eighth-graders at an August 2010 special meeting after state officials ordered Unity Elementary School closed due to numerous unresolved fire and building code violations.
The loan is being put before voters at Stevens High School in Claremont because until the school is completed there is no venue in town large enough to hold the anticipated crowd. The Unity School District is part of SAU 6, which serves the communities of Claremont, Cornish and Unity.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- On Easter, Pope calls for peace, condemns waste - 0
- Good Friday message resonates inside walls of prison - 2
- Pope presides at Vatican Mass leading Catholics into Easter - 0
- Inspiring sight in downtown Nashua on Good Friday - 0
- Salem church's Guatemala mission brings blessings - 0
- St. Margaret’s to remember veterans - 0
- Copter egg drop set - 0
- Passover marks time to celebrate faith, history - 0
- Construction begins on new Kingdom Hall for Jehovah’s Witness congregation in Manchester - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Hooksett police charge local man in several BB gun complaints - 0
- Fire destroys Weare home - 0
- High winds cause power outages, fan fires across state - 0
- Downed wires spark brush fire that spreads to Manchester house - 0
- Fugitive nabbed as he checks out the weather - 0
- Bail set for TD Bank robbery suspect in Derry - 1
- Fetal homicide bill stopped in the Senate - 0
- Democrats worry about 'dirty tricks' - 0
- Truck pulls down power line, starts paint store blaze - 0
Younger of two brothers convicted of murdering parents quietly released after 18 years in prison
Michigan’s ban: Sotomayor’s ‘disadvantages’