Unity schools pushing for loan to complete elementary school
The loan is being put before voters at the annual school district meeting Saturday in the Stevens High School Auditorium in Claremont. The meeting will start at noon.
The architect of the new school building Scott Vaughn will open the new building for tours Saturday from 8 a.m. to 10 a.m.
According to Unity Elementary School Principal Chip Baldwin, the project has been plagued with site work and construction problems that lead to a redesign that triggered the need for additional funds.
Voters approved a $4.7 million bond to build the new school for kindergartners through eighth-graders at an August 2010 special meeting after state officials ordered Unity Elementary School closed due to numerous unresolved fire and building code violations.
The loan is being put before voters at Stevens High School in Claremont because until the school is completed there is no venue in town large enough to hold the anticipated crowd. The Unity School District is part of SAU 6, which serves the communities of Claremont, Cornish and Unity.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief - 20
- Banning cell phones: Impulse shopping in the House - 9
- Bad Joe: Levasseur stalls again - 2
- Good Joe: Kenney for Executive Council - 1
- Insurance exchange: NH Dems, GOP switch sides - 2
- Bottle store blues: The useless grocery mandate - 2
- Finding city revenue: Seek more private partners - 0
- Putin's freedom: Obama's weakness - 42
- Safe seats, frequent flyers - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH delays enforcing liquor warehouse pact - 0
- Planned Parenthood funds S&M Web video - 0
- Legislative ethics: NH way works better than most - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Newest Monarchs making impact - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Sox Beat: Aging catchers cause for concern - 0
- Comcast-Time Warner Cable deal would create formidable giant - 0
- NH College Notebook: Rye's Drummond sets Smith College scoring mark - 0
- Mike Cote's Business Editor's Notebook: Boston among worst cities for gridlock - 0
- NHIAA Hockey Roundup: John Stark-Hopkinton eliminates Portsmouth - 0
Two-alarm blaze at vacant building in Nashua
Charles Krauthammer: The wages of weakness
Roger Simon: How would Hillary handle Putin?
George Will: The face of IRS behavior