Unity schools pushing for loan to complete elementary school
The loan is being put before voters at the annual school district meeting Saturday in the Stevens High School Auditorium in Claremont. The meeting will start at noon.
The architect of the new school building Scott Vaughn will open the new building for tours Saturday from 8 a.m. to 10 a.m.
According to Unity Elementary School Principal Chip Baldwin, the project has been plagued with site work and construction problems that lead to a redesign that triggered the need for additional funds.
Voters approved a $4.7 million bond to build the new school for kindergartners through eighth-graders at an August 2010 special meeting after state officials ordered Unity Elementary School closed due to numerous unresolved fire and building code violations.
The loan is being put before voters at Stevens High School in Claremont because until the school is completed there is no venue in town large enough to hold the anticipated crowd. The Unity School District is part of SAU 6, which serves the communities of Claremont, Cornish and Unity.
READER COMMENTS: 10
- Charitable organizations raise money, and lift spirits with Christmas tree sales - 0
- Holiday edition reminder to our readers - 1
- 600 gather for New Horizons soup kitchen, shelter fundraiser - 0
- Conn. school shooting probe ends with gunman's motives unknown - 43
- Railway company proposing Montreal to Portland service through northern NH - 19
- Exeter theater group suspends campaign to save Ioka - 0
- Stained-glass windows get new look at Tucker Free Library in Henniker - 0
- State Supreme Court overturns termination of father’s parental rights - 8
- Communication director appointed for Manchester Diocese - 0
READER COMMENTS: 3
- Suicide bomber, gunmen kill 52 in Yemen - 0
- Manchester gas station burglarized - 0
- Conn. tractor-trailer driver charged in Manchester hit and run - 1
- John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown to be in Londonderry tonight, says 'nothing is really changed' on political plans - 10
- Goffstown man held in Triangle Credit Union robbery, burglaries - 0
- 2 Bay State men arrested for Peterborough credit union robbery - 1
- Hudson man facing DWI charge after crash - 0
- Minimum wage rally at South Willow McDonald's - 10
- Frisbie hospital seeks hearing on network exclusion, information denial - 0
Dingman granted conditional parole
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown to be in Londonderry tonight, says 'nothing is really changed' on political plans
- Should schools do more to police food and beverages consumed at school?
- Total Votes: 112