New Hampshire Veterans News Briefs
MANCHESTER - American Legion Post 79 is hosting Karaoke on Friday, March 22, from 8 p.m. to 12 a.m. with Shadow and Saturday, March 23, with Crissy and Elaine from 8 p.m. to 12 a.m.
The Post is also hosting a cribbage night on Monday, March 25, starting at 6:30 p.m. $5 entry fee.
The Post is at 35 W. Brook St.
Spaghetti supper fundraiser Saturday
DOVER - Maple Suites Senior Independent Living will host a spaghetti supper fundraiser on Saturday March 23, from 4 to 6 p.m. at Maple Suites, 30 Holiday Drive, to benefit the Pease Greeters Fund and their support of America's military men and women.
The public is invited to attend the spaghetti supper and either eat at Maple Suites for $5 per person or purchase a take-out spaghetti dinner for $5 per person with 100 percent of the proceeds benefiting The Pease Greeters Fund. Additionally, Maple Suites will be accepting donations for the non-profit organization in the form of cash or checks made payable to the Pease Greeters Fund. A 50/50 raffle will also be held to raise additional funds during the dinner.
For more information, or to RSVP, call 742-8820.
Events at Henry J. Sweeney Post 2
MANCHESTER - Henry J. Sweeney Post 2 will hold it's weekly Saturday night dance event on Saturday, March 23, from 7:30 to 11 p.m. at the newly renovated facility on 251 Maple St.
Members and guests are welcome to share an evening of friendship and dancing to the music of the popular Bert Scott Band in a relaxing smoke-free environment.
Tuesday, March 26. is the date for voting at the State of New Hampshire's largest American Legion Organization and all qualified members are urged to participate in selecting a slate of officers to serve for the coming year. Make your voice heard between the hours of noon and 7 p.m. You may choose from a full slate of nominees on the printed ballot or exercise your choice by write-in.
The regular monthly general membership meeting will take place immediately following the election at which time the ballot committee will announce the results.
For more information, go to sweeneypost.org or call 623-9145.
Raymond VFW Post 4479 happenings
RAYMOND - Friday is Ladies Night from 6 p.m. to midnight, and Saturday features music from the band Classic Invasion from 8 p.m.to midnight. On Tuesday, games of King of Diamonds begin at 7 p.m.
The Post is at 39 Main St.
Italian benefit dinner set for April 5
PELHAM - VFW Post 10722 and Ladies Auxiliary is hosting an Italian themed dinner by candlelight on April 5 at 5:30 p.m.
Homemade lasagnas, baked ziti, chicken and broccoli, spaghetti, meatballs, soda, coffee tea, desserts and more will be served.
The public is invited. Admission is $8 per adult; $5 for kids younger than 12. Door prizes, 59/50 raffle and prize for best dressed to the theme. All proceeds benefit veterans programs. The VFW Post is at 6 Main St., in Pelham. For more information, go to pelhamweb.org/vfw.
Legion hosts Spring Fling Craft Fair
WOLFEBORO - The Spring Fling Craft Fair, open to the public, will be Saturday, May 4, from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., at the Harriman-Hale American Legion Hall, 142 Center St., Wolfeboro.
This is an indoor fair held rain or shine, featuring many hand-made items to satisfy many gift giving needs such as Mother's Day, showers, graduations, etc. Farm products such as maple syrup, jams, jellies, cheese, salsa, dips, plants welcome.
Plenty of free parking is available near the building. The ever-popular raffle table will once again feature items donated by the crafters. Auxiliary made craft items will also be available for purchase.
The American Legion Auxiliary is a non-profit organization whose mission is to help the needs of veterans including soldiers currently serving, their families and the community.
For more information, call 569-4296.
READER COMMENTS: 4
- Wounded veterans undertake rituals and 'soul care' - 0
- Thank a veteran on Saturday at Holderness barbecue - 0
- Theatre Under the Stars honors 'The Bard,' local fallen soldier - 0
- Family of World War I vet receives Purple Heart medal in ceremony - 0
- Struggle of returning female veterans is showcased in film playing July 29 - 0
- Mt. Washington Valley Chamber of Commerce soars - 0
- $17.6b request seeks to cover more efficient veteran care - 0
- He knows the Memorial Wall, name by name - 0
- NH veterans program targeted by 'baffling bureaucratic decision' - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Distracted legislating: Our baseless cellphone ban - 0
- Another View -- Betsy McCaughey: Our free lunch President - 0
- Another View -- Karlyn Borysenko: Workplace bullying is a serious problem, governor - 0
- Workplace abuse: Governor gets one right - 0
- Red Sox pull Lester from Wednesday start amid trade rumors - 0
- Accused Abby kidnapper Kibby had past minor brushes with police - 0
- Police say youths at New Boston underage drinking party resisted arrest - 0
- Man hospitalized following Rochester shooting; suspect still at large - 0
- Muskrats, Swamp Bats split twinbill - 0
Win tickets to see ZZ Top
Win tickets to see the Pretty Reckless
When company comes, opt for variety
Abby's alleged kidnapper held on $1M bail
Win tickets to see Ziggy Marley
Voting in NH: Not just for NH residents
Gorham man arrested for kidnapping Abigail
Abby's alleged kidnapper held on $1M bail