Jun 26, 2014
Jun 20, 2014
Jun 11, 2014
May 29, 2014
Man charged with pot sales in Meredith
Acting on a tip from a delivery company, Meredith police arrested Tuan Ngoc Le, 48, of Worcester, Mass., for possession of a controlled drug with intent to sell after a delivery truck dropped packages containing 25 pounds of marijuana at a house on Ladd Street.
Le was arrested at 12:16 p.m. by town police. He was arraigned on the charge Friday and was held at the Belknap County Jail on $50,000 cash bail until a hearing is set up on the charge, county officials said.
"The judge was very careful about releasing him - 25 pounds of marijuana is a lot," said police Sgt. Mike Harper.
Police have determined that Le was conducting a marijuana-selling operation out of a rented home at 5 Lower Ladd Hill Road.
"The operation went all the way back to his source in California," Harper said. "By the looks of it, he was renting the home in Meredith and then staying there a week at a time."
After police received the tip, members of the police department took over the delivery, disguising themselves. When Le accepted the packages, he was arrested, Harper said. Thousands of dollars in cash was also seized at the home, he said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Man accused of burglarizing state police barracks garage claims his rights were violated - 0
- Marriott's parents to face killer at his sentencing next month - 0
- Second arrest made in Portsmouth store robberies - 0
- Probable cause hearings set for pair facing series of drug charges - 0
- Arrested school construction employees back at work in Unity - 0
- Dover man questioned regarding Maine double murder - 0
- Police say Manchester woman arrested for punching ex-boyfriend during custody exchange in Walmart parking lot - 1
- Man arrested in two Portsmouth robberies - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Portsmouth teen accused in DWI crash waives hearing - 0
- Posting of recent standoff has Free Keene bloggers taking heat - 0
- Seeking to upend Hobby Lobby court ruling, federal legislation crafted - 0
- Firefighters rescue five 'lucky ducks' in Londonderry - 0
- Abortion clinic buffer put on hold after court ruling - 1
- FairPoint union members to meet and talk strike - 0
- Mount Washington College to close 2 campuses - 0
- State Police Marine Patrol IDs Duncan Lake drowning victim - 0
- Celtics obtain another top pick - 0
Police say Manchester woman arrested for punching ex-boyfriend during custody exchange in Walmart parking lot
Bikers say under-30 generation isn't interested, and can't afford many of the top motorcycles
Praising freedom: While curtailing it
Ban fireworks? Get serious
GOP criticizes Shaheen over gas tax
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917