Mar 12, 2014
Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Man charged with pot sales in Meredith
Acting on a tip from a delivery company, Meredith police arrested Tuan Ngoc Le, 48, of Worcester, Mass., for possession of a controlled drug with intent to sell after a delivery truck dropped packages containing 25 pounds of marijuana at a house on Ladd Street.
Le was arrested at 12:16 p.m. by town police. He was arraigned on the charge Friday and was held at the Belknap County Jail on $50,000 cash bail until a hearing is set up on the charge, county officials said.
"The judge was very careful about releasing him - 25 pounds of marijuana is a lot," said police Sgt. Mike Harper.
Police have determined that Le was conducting a marijuana-selling operation out of a rented home at 5 Lower Ladd Hill Road.
"The operation went all the way back to his source in California," Harper said. "By the looks of it, he was renting the home in Meredith and then staying there a week at a time."
After police received the tip, members of the police department took over the delivery, disguising themselves. When Le accepted the packages, he was arrested, Harper said. Thousands of dollars in cash was also seized at the home, he said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH fugitive sought for a year found in Detroit - 0
- Former AG hired to investigate UNH's actions over alleged locker-room photography - 0
- Manchester woman wakes to find burglar in home - 0
- UNH hires former Attorney General Delaney to investigate reporting delays on athletic improprieties - 0
- Was a crime committed? Nashua police are not certain - 0
- Man arrested in Nashua market robbery - 0
- Fugitive of the week arrested in Maine - 0
- Manchester CrimeWatch: City woman connected to fatal crash in court again - 0
- UPDATED: Rochester man shot multiple times as police attempted arrest - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Town, school budgets approved in Amherst - 0
- Wilton-Lyndeborough elementary school merger plan passes - 0
- Hollis voters approve all warrant articles - 0
- Div. I Girls' Basketball: Bedford advances to final with ease - 0
- Boys' Hockey: Souhegan, John Stark-Hopkinton advance in Div. III - 0
- Div. II Boys' Hockey: Bow and Bedford to meet for crown - 0
- Div. I Boys' Hockey: Londonderry moves on to title game - 0
- Div. I Boys' Hockey: Central pulls the semifinal upset - 0
- Bruins edge Phoenix for seventh straight win - 0
Town, school budgets approved in Amherst
Rochester firm is ready to add jobs
John Stossel: The bogus war on women
Hollis voters approve all warrant articles
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown to announce exploratory committee for U.S. Senate run
No dice: House kills casino gambling bill
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917