Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Sep 18, 2014
Hampton man may be freed on house arrest pending sex assault trial
Leonard Aldrich, 64, had his bail lowered by a judge as he awaits his latest sex assault trial in Rockingham County Superior Court. A mistrial was declared in Aldrich's case earlier this month. (JAMES A. KIMBLE/FILE PHOTO)
Leonard Aldrich, 64, of Hampton, is accused of sexually assaulting two young girls and a boy, now age 7, between December 2010 and January 2012.
He is charged with aggravated felonious sexual assault. His trial begins in May.
Judge Marguerite Wageling lowered Aldrich’s bail to $1,000 cash from $20,000 – contingent upon him being accepted into the Supervised Community Release from Incarceration Program.
The SCRIP program is a program operated by the corrections and sheriff’s department. Aldrich would have to be approved for the program to be released.
Defense lawyer Patrick Fleming said that arrangements have been made through Aldrich’s family that he could live in a Hampton home and abide by conditions that he have no contact with victims or witnesses in the case.
Assistant County Attorney Stephanie Johnson argued for keeping Aldrich jailed, citing concerns that the county had no way to supervise him.
Wageling declared a mistrial during the second day of Aldrich’s trial when it was revealed the defense did not have access to all documents from the state’s Division of Children, Youth and Families concerning the alleged abuse.
Hampton police arrested Aldrich last Jan. 29.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Judge hikes bail in sex assault, child porn case - 0
- Judge declines to order mistrial in Derry sex assault case - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Police say homeless man stole car, struck pedestrian - 0
- Police investigating pizza store burglary in Plaistow - 0
- Salem police searching for Dunkin Donuts robber who wore Obama Halloween mask - 2
- Information sought in Keene hair salon burglary attempt - 0
- Two men arrested in Nashua armed robbery - 0
- Elderly Dover woman victim of paving scam, police say - 1
- Man charged with sex assault, sticking woman with hypodermic needle - 0
READER COMMENTS: 1
- School's out for voters - 0
- Kuster's abortion lies: Claims against Garcia are untrue - 6
- Brown, Shaheen run hardest where support is deepest - 0
- Jonathan E. Benedict - 0
- Drew Cline: GOP missed opportunities could mean trouble on Tuesday - 1
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Demaryius Thomas is x-factor for Broncos' offense - 0
- College Football: Big Green ready for tussle with Harvard - 0
- UNH Notebook: Albany is much improved - 0
- MVP Bumgarner rides to the rescue for Giants' third World Series win in five years - 0
Trump fired up over NH mailer
The Obamaconomy: Shea-Porter shows its flaw
Trump fired up over NH mailer
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483