Aug 28, 2014
Aug 21, 2014
Aug 14, 2014
Jul 24, 2014
Man to plead guilty to charges he lived under Salem home, video recorded woman for two days
Christian Hobbs, 44, of Orleans, Mass. filed an intent to plead guilty to charges that he secretly recorded a woman in her bathroom while living under her trailer for two days. (COURTESY)
Christian Hobbs, 44, of Orleans, Mass., filed his intention to plead guilty during a brief court hearing on Friday just before he was set to go on trial in Rockingham County Superior Court.
Hobbs was indicted in November on 10 charges including burglary, violation of privacy and attempted interception of telecommunications or oral communications prohibited.
Terms of the plea deal have not yet been made public. Hobbs is expected back in court on May 24 for a plea-and-sentencing hearing.
Hobbs, who is being held at the Rockingham County jail, told police that he had been living under the trailer for two days prior to getting caught on Aug. 15.
Hobbs lived in the Salem trailer before moving to Massachusetts, according to police.
Prosecutors say Hobbs sold the trailer to his victim about two years ago. He returned in July to do some repairs when he allegedly set two baby monitors inside the home. One was in the bedroom, the other in a dryer duct.
About a month later, Hobbs allegedly set up camp under the trailer near a bathroom air duct, bringing with him food, beverages and tissues – observing and recording the woman when she was in the bathroom, police said.
At one point, the woman spotted some movement and discovered Hobbs staring up at her through the air vent. Police say Hobbs responded by saying "Hello."
The woman called 911 and responding police found Hobbs walking south on Route 28.
Hobbs allegedly admitted he was under the trailer. Investigating officers found that 16 videos had been recorded of the woman.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Authorities mum about reports of shooting in Manchester - 0
- Police say woman broke into Hollis home and took pictures - 0
- Addiction treatment doctor gets restricted license - 0
- Newmarket man charged with sex assault of 12-year-old girl - 0
- Wife charged with stabbing husband during argument - 0
- Imprisoned pair could add to their already lengthy sentences if found guilty of assault - 0
- Judge nixes house arrest for man convicted in Ponzi scheme - 0
- Raymond man faces possession of child porn charges - 0
- Man failed to note conviction on gun permit - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA Boys' Soccer Preview: Talent to boot - 0
- Last call at home for Fisher Cats tonight - 0
- Jessica Goldman was on the move - 0
- Band camp gets Memorial musicians in rhythm a week early - 0
- Drew Cline: Small sleights of hand in Republican primaries around NH - 0
- Where is Shaheen? Hiding from you - 0
- Portman's good point: A leadership deficit all around - 0
- Scott and Genevieve Kelley - 0
- Dan Tuohy's Granite Status: Shaheen takes on illegal immigration - 0
Where is Shaheen? Hiding from you
Reports: Market Basket doomsday plan would shutter 61 of 71 stores if deal not struck soon
GOP for legal pot? Hemignway's high help
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917