Aug 21, 2014
Aug 14, 2014
Jul 24, 2014
Jul 16, 2014
Man to plead guilty to charges he lived under Salem home, video recorded woman for two days
Christian Hobbs, 44, of Orleans, Mass. filed an intent to plead guilty to charges that he secretly recorded a woman in her bathroom while living under her trailer for two days. (COURTESY)
Christian Hobbs, 44, of Orleans, Mass., filed his intention to plead guilty during a brief court hearing on Friday just before he was set to go on trial in Rockingham County Superior Court.
Hobbs was indicted in November on 10 charges including burglary, violation of privacy and attempted interception of telecommunications or oral communications prohibited.
Terms of the plea deal have not yet been made public. Hobbs is expected back in court on May 24 for a plea-and-sentencing hearing.
Hobbs, who is being held at the Rockingham County jail, told police that he had been living under the trailer for two days prior to getting caught on Aug. 15.
Hobbs lived in the Salem trailer before moving to Massachusetts, according to police.
Prosecutors say Hobbs sold the trailer to his victim about two years ago. He returned in July to do some repairs when he allegedly set two baby monitors inside the home. One was in the bedroom, the other in a dryer duct.
About a month later, Hobbs allegedly set up camp under the trailer near a bathroom air duct, bringing with him food, beverages and tissues – observing and recording the woman when she was in the bathroom, police said.
At one point, the woman spotted some movement and discovered Hobbs staring up at her through the air vent. Police say Hobbs responded by saying "Hello."
The woman called 911 and responding police found Hobbs walking south on Route 28.
Hobbs allegedly admitted he was under the trailer. Investigating officers found that 16 videos had been recorded of the woman.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Fugitive in Manchester shooting, stabbing cases caught by Marshals, police - 0
- Hampton Falls standoff suspect linked to burglaries, fake-cop ploy - 0
- Woman charged in fatal Hampton crash wants blood-test thrown out of court - 0
- Home confinement rejected for ex-Derry town employee - 0
- Manchester man arrested for aggravated drunk driving - 0
- Manchester Crime Watch: Fugitive in shooting, stabbing cases brought to court - 0
- Homeless man faces DWI charges in Dover - 0
- Amherst couple charged in sale of lost wedding ring - 0
- Donation jar thief said to be Bay State man - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH Motor Speedway to again host two Sprint Cup Series weekends in 2015 - 0
- St. Anselm football players practice ini August heat - 0
- White, Glenn lift Fisher Cats over Harrisburg, 6-4 - 0
- KSC field hockey first in coaches poll - 0
- New England Patriots guard Mankins traded to Tampa for TE Wright - 0
- NH Fisher Cat Lee still striving for making it to the major leagues - 0
- Former city restaurateur gets jail sentence for sex assault - 0
- New Manchester school district standards to give teachers more leeway - 1
- Conway adult tests positive for EEE - 0
Backyard boulder kills Raymond homeowner
Reports: Market Basket doomsday plan would shutter 61 of 71 stores if deal not struck soon
GOP for legal pot? Hemignway's high help
Ohio's Rob Portman: GOP can win back Senate
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917