Holy Week marks coming of Easter
The public is invited to all ceremonies, which will be held at the cathedral, corner of Pine and Lowell streets.
Holy Week begins Palm Sunday with a 10:30 a.m. Mass.
The bishop will bless the oils used in the sacraments during the Chrism Mass at 6 p.m., Tuesday. Priests also will renew their vows at this Mass.
At 7:30 p.m. on Wednesday, Monsignor Anthony R. Frontiero will celebrate the office of Tenebrae, which means "shadows." The service includes scripture readings and progressive extinguishing of 15 candles to evoke the coming death of Christ.
Holy Thursday observances begin at 7 p.m. with the Mass of the Lord's Supper. The Mass commemorates the institution of the priesthood and the Holy Eucharist.
Good Friday services begin at 3 p.m. with the commemoration of the Lord's Passion.
The Easter Vigil Mass will be celebrated at 8 p.m. on Holy Saturday.
The bishop will celebrate Easter Sunday Mass at 10:30 a.m.
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Pope presides at Vatican Mass leading Catholics into Easter - 0
- Inspiring sight in downtown Nashua on Good Friday - 0
- Salem church's Guatemala mission brings blessings - 0
- St. Margaret’s to remember veterans - 0
- Copter egg drop set - 0
- Passover marks time to celebrate faith, history - 0
- Construction begins on new Kingdom Hall for Jehovah’s Witness congregation in Manchester - 2
- Office of Tenebrae at St. Joseph’s - 0
- Communal Seder set for 1st day of Passover - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Londonderry councilors critical of town’s economic development website - 0
- Candia teen faces more counts in connection with burglary - 0
- Suspect arrested, loot recovered 10 minutes after Derry bank robbery - 0
- Ellsbury propels Yanks over Sox - 0
- Bruins shut out Wings - 0
- Phaneuf leads Derryfield laxers past Pelham - 0
- High School Volleyball results - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Teen recruited juvenile for burglaries - 0
- Cell phones, speakers stolen in separate incidents - 0
Younger of two brothers convicted of murdering parents quietly released after 18 years in prison
Shaheen touts land conservation fund
High School Volleyball results
Bruins shut out Wings
Prepare to pay more to park in Manchester
Secret arrests? Not if we can help it
Latest Groton wind farm fight: Snow plowing