Holy Week marks coming of Easter
The public is invited to all ceremonies, which will be held at the cathedral, corner of Pine and Lowell streets.
Holy Week begins Palm Sunday with a 10:30 a.m. Mass.
The bishop will bless the oils used in the sacraments during the Chrism Mass at 6 p.m., Tuesday. Priests also will renew their vows at this Mass.
At 7:30 p.m. on Wednesday, Monsignor Anthony R. Frontiero will celebrate the office of Tenebrae, which means "shadows." The service includes scripture readings and progressive extinguishing of 15 candles to evoke the coming death of Christ.
Holy Thursday observances begin at 7 p.m. with the Mass of the Lord's Supper. The Mass commemorates the institution of the priesthood and the Holy Eucharist.
Good Friday services begin at 3 p.m. with the commemoration of the Lord's Passion.
The Easter Vigil Mass will be celebrated at 8 p.m. on Holy Saturday.
The bishop will celebrate Easter Sunday Mass at 10:30 a.m.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Derry Early Education Program to relocate - 0
- Manchester panel OKs new academic standards, despite Common Core criticism - 2
- Nashua school staff see tests as key to tracking student growth - 0
- Two Manchester schools off 'priority' list - 0
- Nashua officials seek advice on issue of student cellphone searches vs. privacy - 9
- Manchester school district makes bid to run Job Corps center - 2
- NEASC votes to reaccredit Central High - 1
- Londonderry school policy updates sought - 0
- New schedule feature will provide Nashua students with opportunities - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Another View -- Jayne Millerick: Dems scaring women by misleading them on contraception - 0
- Basket case: Saga of a supermarket - 0
- Patriots Notebook: Ongoing renovations in Foxborough - 0
- Three years later, investigation continues into homicide of Celina Cass - 0
- Nashua celebration in the works for Medal of Honor recipient - 0
- Fisher Cats down Senators in road trip opener - 0
- No water for Manchester sewer bill scofflaws? - 0
- New Boston mulch processing plant plans under review - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Defense attorney seeks home confinement for drug addict - 0
Market Basket walkout a future case study
UPDATED: Thousands of Market Basket employees rally; company board issues statement on purchase offer, reaffirms support for new CEOs
Basket case: Saga of a supermarket
Mother says Abigail in 'deteriorated' health