Holy Week marks coming of Easter
The public is invited to all ceremonies, which will be held at the cathedral, corner of Pine and Lowell streets.
Holy Week begins Palm Sunday with a 10:30 a.m. Mass.
The bishop will bless the oils used in the sacraments during the Chrism Mass at 6 p.m., Tuesday. Priests also will renew their vows at this Mass.
At 7:30 p.m. on Wednesday, Monsignor Anthony R. Frontiero will celebrate the office of Tenebrae, which means "shadows." The service includes scripture readings and progressive extinguishing of 15 candles to evoke the coming death of Christ.
Holy Thursday observances begin at 7 p.m. with the Mass of the Lord's Supper. The Mass commemorates the institution of the priesthood and the Holy Eucharist.
Good Friday services begin at 3 p.m. with the commemoration of the Lord's Passion.
The Easter Vigil Mass will be celebrated at 8 p.m. on Holy Saturday.
The bishop will celebrate Easter Sunday Mass at 10:30 a.m.
READER COMMENTS: 5
- Burning rubber: And public dollars - 0
- Hassan was right: 'Bullying' bill goes too far - 12
- Strategery: A war by any other name - 29
- Freeh dumb: Favoritism in Vt.? - 6
- Public be damned: Litchfield latest example - 2
- NH's 9/11 victims: We cannot forget - 0
- Celebrating Stark: And America, in Manchester - 0
- NH's Obamabots: Taking their cues from party bosses - 57
- Spending & voting: MayDay's wasted money - 5
READER COMMENTS: 0
- UNH math professor wins 2014 MacArthur Fellowship - 0
- Another View -- Bill Duncan: What did the NH Supreme Court really say about private school funding? - 6
- Charles Arlinghaus: NH's job problem needs more than one fix - 4
- USNH's raw deal: Part deux - 2
- College Sports Roundup: NEC's Locke scores twice in soccer win - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Campbell, Jutras blank Gilford - 0
- Pirates stay hot, blank Red Sox - 0
- Londonderry police to open station to residents - 0
- Man accused of raping 13-year old in Nashua - 2
Man accused of raping 13-year old in Nashua
Seabrook mom pleads not guilty by reason of insanity to attempted murder of her two children
Win tickets to see Demi Lovato
Alleged accomplice in brutal Bedford home invasion, attack on doctor and wife, says his testimony was coerced
Another View -- Sharon Day: The Democrats' claim to be the party for women is just not believable
Another View -- Bill Duncan: What did the NH Supreme Court really say about private school funding?
Every vote counts: Here is the proof