Holy Week marks coming of Easter
The public is invited to all ceremonies, which will be held at the cathedral, corner of Pine and Lowell streets.
Holy Week begins Palm Sunday with a 10:30 a.m. Mass.
The bishop will bless the oils used in the sacraments during the Chrism Mass at 6 p.m., Tuesday. Priests also will renew their vows at this Mass.
At 7:30 p.m. on Wednesday, Monsignor Anthony R. Frontiero will celebrate the office of Tenebrae, which means "shadows." The service includes scripture readings and progressive extinguishing of 15 candles to evoke the coming death of Christ.
Holy Thursday observances begin at 7 p.m. with the Mass of the Lord's Supper. The Mass commemorates the institution of the priesthood and the Holy Eucharist.
Good Friday services begin at 3 p.m. with the commemoration of the Lord's Passion.
The Easter Vigil Mass will be celebrated at 8 p.m. on Holy Saturday.
The bishop will celebrate Easter Sunday Mass at 10:30 a.m.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Hillsborough district names its Teacher of Year - 0
- Nashua Board of Education signals new leadership - 0
- PSU adjunct faculty members approve three-year contract - 0
- UNH, trustees seek to reverse arbitrator's decision to reinstate professor - 13
- NH students take part in computer education week - 0
- Math world stunned by UNH lecturer's find - 3
- Consultant report on UNH Manchester issues almost done - 4
- 'Embrance the challenge ... behold the view,' MCPHS grads told - 0
- Students add their special touch to Christmas - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Couple charged in connection with Exeter burglaries - 0
- Proposed article sets rules for use of temporary signs - 0
- Newsreel: State unemployment stable; Gates Foundation CEO named; generic Viagra out soon - 0
- Leclerc takes second place in men's hockey - 0
- Trinity-Central game pushed to tonight - 0
- Derryfield's Hyde, Faulkner star in ski relays - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Goalies everywhere - 0
- 'The Granite Wall' stays solid as UNH marches into postseason - 0
- Lebanon City Hall renovation could move forward at hearing - 0
Shaheen, Ayotte split on House budget plan
- Are Concord school officials right to ban a parent from praying outside high school each morning?
- Total Votes: 466