Shamrock Shuffle set for Sunday
Shamrock ShuffleWhen: Sunday, 11:15 a.m.
Start/Finish: Elm Street at Veteran’s Park, Manchester
Other events: Kids Leprechaun Runs, 10:45 a.m.; St. Patrick’s Parade, noon
Other participants are thrilled to simply reach the giant clover painted on Elm Street and cross the finish line. Last year's Shamrock Shuffle drew more than 2,500 runners and walkers, including women's champion Kara Haas of Chelmsford, Mass., clocked at 10 minutes, 55.76 seconds. Sanca, of Dracut, Mass., represented Cape Verde at London last summer. In March, he crushed the Shamrock field by running a 9:05.77.
Another sold-out Shamrock Shuffle, headquartered at Veteran's Park, is set for Sunday. The Kids Leprechaun Run begins at 10:45 a.m., followed by the Shuffle at 11:15 a.m. Proceeds will benefit New Horizons for New Hampshire. The St. Patrick's Day Parade begins at noon.
For those preparing for the Boston Marathon, there's a much longer race on the Seacoast on Sunday. The 18th Annual Eastern States 20-Mile Race, formerly known as the Border to Border, takes runners through six towns and two states. The 20-miler begins at Portmouth High School at 11 a.m. and finishes across the Massachusetts border in Salibury. Casey Moulton, a Pelham High graduate, won last year's event at 1:45:40. Twin brother Patrick finished third.
The 14th annual Run for the Border Half Marathon, which begins at Wallis Sands Beach in Rye, also begins at 11 a.m. on Sunday. Casey Carroll of Dover is the defending champion in the Run for the Border Half Marathon. Carroll ran a blistering 5:51 pace and finished at 1:16:34 last year.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Runners want to send message in 2014 Boston Marathon - 0
- Newbould, Varanka lead Granite Staters in Boston Marathon - 0
- Andy Schachat's On the Run: NH's race within the race - 0
- Granite State pair back on track for Boston - 0
- Andy Schachat's On the Run: Would an Easter or Christmas road race work in Granite State? - 0
- It's a family affair at Manchester road race - 0
- Shamrock Shuffle set for Sunday - 0
- Andy Schachat's On the Run: Shamrock Shuffle runners ready to party - 0
- Andy Schachat's On the Run: No way to win with a road race cancellation - 1
READER COMMENTS: 5
- House kills Hassan-backed casino bill, 199-164 - 13
- Threats at Goffstown High ‘not credible’ - 0
- House votes to ban lead sinkers and jigs an ounce or under - 7
- House passes auto dealers bill of rights - 2
- Rochester man facing up to 30 years in prison for brutal assault - 1
- Man who confronts burglar in Nashua gets bit - 0
- Police say Nashua man struck woman with Jeep - 0
- Pease chosen to receive new KC-46A refueling tanker; to bring 100 jobs - 9
- FBI agent kills Florida man during questioning about Marathon bombing suspect - 3
License revocations for DWI announced
UPDATED: Derry marks a soldier's death
Experts weigh in on UNH logo designs