Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Feb 6, 2014
Exeter school party leads to arrests
Ryan Sullivan, 17, of Hampton and Meghan LaPierre, 17, of East Kingston were each charged with possession of alcohol by a minor, police Sgt. Peter Tilton said. He said five other students were also involved in the incident.
"I do anticipate more arrests being made at a later time," Tilton said. He said not all of the students were from Exeter High.
Morgan said one girl was taken to Exeter Hospital because of the incident, which he said involved alcohol and "possible drug use."
"I would suspect it was either (alcohol or drugs) or both" that the girl used, Morgan said.
Morgan didn't know how many students attended Friday night's "March Madness" dance, but he said Principal Sean Kiley, who is in his first year as principal, shut down the dance about 8:30 p.m. when the behavior involving alcohol was discovered. The dance was scheduled to run from 7 to 10 p.m.
Aside from the alleged drinking, it was "a pretty typical dance," he said. "I would say this is certainly an isolated incident."
All future dances, except for the junior and senior proms, have been canceled indefinitely, Morgan said.
Morgan said parents of the students involved have been notified. He said there were no reports of violent behavior.
Sullivan and LaPierre are scheduled to appear May 6 in Brentwood District Court, Tilton said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Jury considers fate of Londonderry man in sex assault trial - 0
- Bay State following in NH's footsteps with 'upskirting' law - 2
- Epping supermarket worker arrested after brutal break room attack on female coworker - 4
- Nashua woman arrested in connection with homeless man's hit-and-run death - 2
- Roommate convicted of selling heroin out of former Manchester teacher's home - 1
- Senate approves parental rights bill - 0
- Raymond police investigating thefts of cord wood - 0
- Pelham police arrest Mass. man near scene of thefts from cars - 0
- UPDATE: Boscawen police have two men in custody - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Firefighters battle blaze at Pittsfield pizza plant - 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Wildcats, Hogan not finished yet - 0
- Little Green has quartet of contenders for New England wrestling championships - 0
- Roger Brown's High School Basketball: Madness has arrived - 0
- Monarchs: Let's play three - 0
- Another View -- Diana Lacey: Union Leader editorial got gas tax hearing all wrong - 2
- Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief - 7
- Banning cell phones: Impulse shopping in the House - 3
- Cannon Mountain skiers head to Paralympics - 0
Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief