Sep 25, 2014
Sep 18, 2014
Sep 4, 2014
Aug 28, 2014
Exeter school party leads to arrests
Ryan Sullivan, 17, of Hampton and Meghan LaPierre, 17, of East Kingston were each charged with possession of alcohol by a minor, police Sgt. Peter Tilton said. He said five other students were also involved in the incident.
"I do anticipate more arrests being made at a later time," Tilton said. He said not all of the students were from Exeter High.
Morgan said one girl was taken to Exeter Hospital because of the incident, which he said involved alcohol and "possible drug use."
"I would suspect it was either (alcohol or drugs) or both" that the girl used, Morgan said.
Morgan didn't know how many students attended Friday night's "March Madness" dance, but he said Principal Sean Kiley, who is in his first year as principal, shut down the dance about 8:30 p.m. when the behavior involving alcohol was discovered. The dance was scheduled to run from 7 to 10 p.m.
Aside from the alleged drinking, it was "a pretty typical dance," he said. "I would say this is certainly an isolated incident."
All future dances, except for the junior and senior proms, have been canceled indefinitely, Morgan said.
Morgan said parents of the students involved have been notified. He said there were no reports of violent behavior.
Sullivan and LaPierre are scheduled to appear May 6 in Brentwood District Court, Tilton said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Strafford County inmate facing charges of thefts from vehicles - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Man charged with assault says he was trying to break up a fight - 0
- Nashua man was not Mirandized following shooting by police, court documents say - 0
- Man arrested for speeds over 100 mph on Everett Turnpike - 0
- Nashua man accused of cutting wife’s throat committed to psychiatric hospital - 1
- Two may have stabbed each other in Concord parking garage incident, police say - 0
- Manchester joyride in a stolen truck lands two in handcuffs - 0
- License revocations for DWI announced - 0
- Crosstown Variety Store robbed in Manchester - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Review of West High intruder case to be behind closed doors - 0
- Another View -- Daniel Barrick: Manchester's schools face some serious challenges - 0
- Racism in Lincoln? Looks more like ignorance - 0
- Representing whom? Jeanne Shaheen, leftist icon - 0
- Chiefly, Pats are horrible in Monday night blowout in K.C. - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Double-overtime goal sends Goffstown past John Stark in boys' soccer - 0
- UNH gridders jump one spot in national polls - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Sox Beat: Offseason needs aplenty - 0
- NHIAA Field Hockey: Merrill's hat trick lifts Winnacunnet - 0
Dredging planned for Milford's Osgood Pond
Racism in Lincoln? Looks more like ignorance
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917