Mar 12, 2014
Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Exeter school party leads to arrests
Ryan Sullivan, 17, of Hampton and Meghan LaPierre, 17, of East Kingston were each charged with possession of alcohol by a minor, police Sgt. Peter Tilton said. He said five other students were also involved in the incident.
"I do anticipate more arrests being made at a later time," Tilton said. He said not all of the students were from Exeter High.
Morgan said one girl was taken to Exeter Hospital because of the incident, which he said involved alcohol and "possible drug use."
"I would suspect it was either (alcohol or drugs) or both" that the girl used, Morgan said.
Morgan didn't know how many students attended Friday night's "March Madness" dance, but he said Principal Sean Kiley, who is in his first year as principal, shut down the dance about 8:30 p.m. when the behavior involving alcohol was discovered. The dance was scheduled to run from 7 to 10 p.m.
Aside from the alleged drinking, it was "a pretty typical dance," he said. "I would say this is certainly an isolated incident."
All future dances, except for the junior and senior proms, have been canceled indefinitely, Morgan said.
Morgan said parents of the students involved have been notified. He said there were no reports of violent behavior.
Sullivan and LaPierre are scheduled to appear May 6 in Brentwood District Court, Tilton said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Was a crime committed? Nashua police are not certain - 0
- Man arrested in Nashua market robbery - 0
- Fugitive of the week arrested in Maine - 0
- Manchester CrimeWatch: City woman connected to fatal crash in court again - 0
- UPDATED: Rochester man shot multiple times as police attempted arrest - 0
- Bedford man sentenced for lobster trap thefts - 0
- Manchester police recover $2,000 worth of painkillers in drug arrest - 2
- UPDATE: Hudson police standoff ends; person in custody - 0
- Manchester man who defrauded banks in mortgage foreclosure scheme gets 6 years - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- No dice: House kills casino gambling bill - 1
- Poetry Out Loud championship rescheduled due to storm - 0
- Portsmouth buildings evacuated for reported gas leak - 0
- Mass. man dies in Chesterfield crash - 0
- Manchester collision results in pedestrian's death - 0
- SCORE workshop offers social media tips - 0
- Sens. Shaheen, Ayotte slam latest push for online sales tax - 5
- Bedford girls basketball team spreads the scoring wealth - 0
- New Hampshire high school athletes on the run (and jumping) in NYC - 0
SCORE workshop offers social media tips
Minimum wages: Maximum spin
Hooksett votes down Pinkerton schools deal