Nov 6, 2014
Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Londonderry man charged with ax attack on uncle
Aaron McDermott, 33, faces charges of second-degree assault, criminal threatening with a deadly weapon, criminal trespassing, possession of controlled drugs and three counts of obstructing a report of a crime or injury.
Police arrested McDermott Wednesday afternoon after responding to a 911 call from his uncle, Marc Vitti.
According to Police Lt. Tim Jones, Vitti claimed McDermott struck him in the back and elbow with an ax during an altercation at their Boston Avenue home.
Jones said Vitti's injuries weren't serious and he wasn't hospitalized following the incident.
Shortly after 4 p.m. on Wednesday, Officer Narcisco Garcia responded to Vitti's call for help after the victim reportedly made several earlier attempts to dial 911, which were allegedly blocked by McDermott.
Police arrested McDermott at the scene, where they discovered drugs believed to be heroin on the premises.
McDermott was being held at Rockingham County Jail on $50,000 cash bail and will appear in the Derry District Court Monday morning for a probable cause hearing.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester police investigating after man stabbed in neck - 0
- Ferguson protests enter third day; arrests in St. Louis - 0
- Abuse history at Nashua address where 3-year-old died - 5
- Franklin robbery suspect sought, considered armed and dangerous - 0
- Franklin man and woman arraigned for attempted prostitution of minor - 0
- Police investigating death of 3-year-old girl in Nashua - 7
- Police say hit-and-run driver was observed tossing beer cans from car - 1
- Police say woman stole pocketbook at Hudson Market Basket - 0
- Police say former manager of Hudson McDonald's stole $10k from restaurant - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- PSNH says storm ranks as 4th largest for peak outage - 0
- Henniker police shoot suspect in truck heist - 0
- More than 200,000 New Hampshire customers without power - 1
- Thanksgiving travel a nightmare as storm dumps heavy, wet snow - 3
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Pats put selves in strong position - 0
- Manchester Turkey Bowl will go as scheduled - 0
- Red Sox think they got free agent signings right this time - 0
- Turkey Bowls: Passion always on the menu - 0
- Manchester Turkey Bowl: Crusaders aim to rewrite history - 0
Person found dead in Manchester alley
On being American: A point for reflection
Your Turn, NH -- Mike Moffett: Republicans can win in 2016 with Kasich at the top of the ticket
NH suffers 4th worst outage on record
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483