Sep 25, 2014
Sep 18, 2014
Sep 4, 2014
Aug 28, 2014
Londonderry man charged with ax attack on uncle
Aaron McDermott, 33, faces charges of second-degree assault, criminal threatening with a deadly weapon, criminal trespassing, possession of controlled drugs and three counts of obstructing a report of a crime or injury.
Police arrested McDermott Wednesday afternoon after responding to a 911 call from his uncle, Marc Vitti.
According to Police Lt. Tim Jones, Vitti claimed McDermott struck him in the back and elbow with an ax during an altercation at their Boston Avenue home.
Jones said Vitti's injuries weren't serious and he wasn't hospitalized following the incident.
Shortly after 4 p.m. on Wednesday, Officer Narcisco Garcia responded to Vitti's call for help after the victim reportedly made several earlier attempts to dial 911, which were allegedly blocked by McDermott.
Police arrested McDermott at the scene, where they discovered drugs believed to be heroin on the premises.
McDermott was being held at Rockingham County Jail on $50,000 cash bail and will appear in the Derry District Court Monday morning for a probable cause hearing.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Strafford County inmate facing charges of thefts from vehicles - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Man charged with assault says he was trying to break up a fight - 0
- Nashua man was not Mirandized following shooting by police, court documents say - 0
- Man arrested for speeds over 100 mph on Everett Turnpike - 0
- Nashua man accused of cutting wife’s throat committed to psychiatric hospital - 1
- Two may have stabbed each other in Concord parking garage incident, police say - 0
- Manchester joyride in a stolen truck lands two in handcuffs - 0
- License revocations for DWI announced - 0
- Crosstown Variety Store robbed in Manchester - 1
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Review of West High intruder case to be behind closed doors - 1
- Another View -- Daniel Barrick: Manchester's schools face some serious challenges - 0
- Racism in Lincoln? Looks more like ignorance - 0
- Representing whom? Jeanne Shaheen, leftist icon - 1
- Chiefly, Pats are horrible in Monday night blowout in K.C. - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Double-overtime goal sends Goffstown past John Stark in boys' soccer - 0
- UNH gridders jump one spot in national polls - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Sox Beat: Offseason needs aplenty - 0
- NHIAA Field Hockey: Merrill's hat trick lifts Winnacunnet - 0
Dredging planned for Milford's Osgood Pond
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917