Sep 4, 2014
Aug 28, 2014
Aug 21, 2014
Aug 14, 2014
Londonderry man charged with ax attack on uncle
Aaron McDermott, 33, faces charges of second-degree assault, criminal threatening with a deadly weapon, criminal trespassing, possession of controlled drugs and three counts of obstructing a report of a crime or injury.
Police arrested McDermott Wednesday afternoon after responding to a 911 call from his uncle, Marc Vitti.
According to Police Lt. Tim Jones, Vitti claimed McDermott struck him in the back and elbow with an ax during an altercation at their Boston Avenue home.
Jones said Vitti's injuries weren't serious and he wasn't hospitalized following the incident.
Shortly after 4 p.m. on Wednesday, Officer Narcisco Garcia responded to Vitti's call for help after the victim reportedly made several earlier attempts to dial 911, which were allegedly blocked by McDermott.
Police arrested McDermott at the scene, where they discovered drugs believed to be heroin on the premises.
McDermott was being held at Rockingham County Jail on $50,000 cash bail and will appear in the Derry District Court Monday morning for a probable cause hearing.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Man stabbed in leg in Manchester incident - 0
- Possible negotiated plea for Nashua dad accused of negligent homicide in son's death - 0
- Amherst man facing charges in August Merrimack accident - 0
- Attorney claims illegal phone seizure following Christmas Eve accident that killed Brookline mom - 1
- Nashua couple's minivan stolen with toddler in back seat - 13
- Pelham store robbed Saturday - 0
- Woman charged with attacking fiancÚ, threatening him with a gun - 1
- Two months later, still no answers in killing near Stinson Lake - 0
- Man cited for OHRV use in wetland area in Stewartstown - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Senate sustains Hassan veto of bill to revamp juvenile justice system - 0
- Dan Tuohy's Granite Status: Brown v. Shaheen: A tale of new polls - 4
- Traffic backed up a mile in Hampton tractor-trailer accident - 0
- Woman shot during Manchester drug raid is identified - 0
- Citizen's Police Academy in Manchester set for Oct. 1 - 0
- NHIAA Football Power Poll; Who's No. 1 this week? - 0
- Heating unit cause of blaze in Manchester - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Belichick's 200th was a trademark triumph - 0
- MarketReach makes move to Nashua - 0
In 2nd District race, Garcia bucks Obamacare
Attorney claims illegal phone seizure following Christmas Eve accident that killed Brookline mom
Find the hidden cash stashed downtown
Strategery: A war by any other name
Freeh dumb: Favoritism in Vt.?
Lawyer wants cellphone evidence thrown out
Mexican man pleads guilty in international conspiracy to traffic hundreds of pounds of cocaine
Your Turn, NH -- Ted Menswar Jr.: How Manchester pulled together to honor one of its greats
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917