Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Sep 18, 2014
Londonderry man charged with ax attack on uncle
Aaron McDermott, 33, faces charges of second-degree assault, criminal threatening with a deadly weapon, criminal trespassing, possession of controlled drugs and three counts of obstructing a report of a crime or injury.
Police arrested McDermott Wednesday afternoon after responding to a 911 call from his uncle, Marc Vitti.
According to Police Lt. Tim Jones, Vitti claimed McDermott struck him in the back and elbow with an ax during an altercation at their Boston Avenue home.
Jones said Vitti's injuries weren't serious and he wasn't hospitalized following the incident.
Shortly after 4 p.m. on Wednesday, Officer Narcisco Garcia responded to Vitti's call for help after the victim reportedly made several earlier attempts to dial 911, which were allegedly blocked by McDermott.
Police arrested McDermott at the scene, where they discovered drugs believed to be heroin on the premises.
McDermott was being held at Rockingham County Jail on $50,000 cash bail and will appear in the Derry District Court Monday morning for a probable cause hearing.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Judge hikes bail in sex assault, child porn case - 0
- Judge declines to order mistrial in Derry sex assault case - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Police say homeless man stole car, struck pedestrian - 0
- Police investigating pizza store burglary in Plaistow - 0
- Salem police searching for Dunkin Donuts robber who wore Obama Halloween mask - 2
- Information sought in Keene hair salon burglary attempt - 0
- Two men arrested in Nashua armed robbery - 0
- Elderly Dover woman victim of paving scam, police say - 1
- Man charged with sex assault, sticking woman with hypodermic needle - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- School's out for voters - 0
- Kuster's abortion lies: Claims against Garcia are untrue - 0
- Brown, Shaheen run hardest where support is deepest - 0
- Jonathan E. Benedict - 0
- Drew Cline: GOP missed opportunities could mean trouble on Tuesday - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Demaryius Thomas is x-factor for Broncos' offense - 0
- College Football: Big Green ready for tussle with Harvard - 0
- UNH Notebook: Albany is much improved - 0
- MVP Bumgarner rides to the rescue for Giants' third World Series win in five years - 0
The Obamaconomy: Shea-Porter shows its flaw
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483