Home » Sports » College Sports
NH College Roundup: Thompson hurls Franklin Pierce to win
Calvin Graves collected three hits while freshman Rich Patrizio and freshman Justin Brock went a combined four-for-nine with four runs scored and three runs batted in. With the sweep, Franklin Pierce improves to 13-9.
Le Moyne 2, SNHU 1: Nate Reynolds hit a walk-off homer to lead off the bottom of the ninth inning in Rindge yesterday.
The Penmen's eight-game win streak was snapped, leaving them 16-4 overall, 2-1 in the Northeast-10. The Penmen scored their lone run on Andrew Pezzuto's RBI single. Jon Massad went the distance for SNHU, allowing seven hits and no walks while fanning nine.
Southern Conn. State 4-4, St. Anselm 0-3: In New Haven, Conn., the Hawks fell to 3-11 overall and 1-3 in Northeast-10 play. Rochester's Paige Cormier was the hard-luck loser for the Hawks in the nightcap, going the distance and striking out four.
Florida Atlantic 2, Dartmouth 1 (9 inns.): The Big Green dropped a nine-inning affair in Boca Raton, Fla. Dartmouth took a 1-0 lead in the top of the eighth. Katie McEachern singled home Kara Curosh in the eighth inning for Dartmouth (10-10).
SNHU 8, New Haven 1: Every Penmen singles' play won in straight sets as the team improved to 10-6 overall and 7-0 in NE-10 play.
Albany 11, UNH 6: The Wildcats dropped to 2-6 overall, 0-1 in America East, with the road loss. North Hampton's Molly Gaffey was among the Wildcat goal scorers.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH College Notebook: UNH and Dartmouth set to renew football rivalry - 0
- NH College Notebook: Butcher's retirement will mark the end of an era at KCS - 0
- NH College Notebook: Bedford's Turner starts fast for Quinnipiac women skaters - 0
- NH College Notebook: Former NH runners pace No. 6 Georgetown - 0
- NH College Notebook: St. Anselm, SNHU to battle in nationally televised game - 0
- NH College Notebook: Milford's Andrews collects ACC award - 0
- NH College Notebook: UNH swim team raises funds to help boy battle cancer - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Man wanted in Vermont arrested after high-speed chase in Rochester - 0
- John DiStaso's Granite Status: New NHDP campaign calls on Scott Brown to disclose clients - 0
- Glitches resolved in new managed-care Medicaid system - 0
- Two sent to the hospital after Barrington crash - 0
- Two armed robberies overnight in Manchester - 0
- Windsor man seriously injured in Bennington crash with logging truck - 0
- Job applicant charged with helping himself to a couple of bottles of champagne - 2
- Bow man robbed after leaving Manchester YMCA - 0
- Police say Keene robbery victim was targeted through online dating site - 0
Exeter drug sweep nets four
Shea-Porter: GOP ad about ACA in NH is false
Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand
Bird blenders: 'Green energy' sacrifice