Mar 12, 2014
Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Belmont police: Two men sought in armed robbery of taxi driver
At 8:10 p.m., police received a report of an armed robbery that had just taken place on Old Marsh Hill Road where the road meets Province Road.
A driver from Mr. C's Taxi Service reported that a driver had picked up two men on Messer Street in Laconia. The men asked to go to Brown Hill Road in Belmont, police said.
While on Route 107 before reaching Brown Hill Road, one man put a gun to the back of the driver's head and told him to pullover. At that point, according to police, the other man put a knife to the driver's throat. The men demanded cash from the driver, and escaped the cab with about $350, said Lt. Richard Mann.
The men fled on foot on Old Marsh Hill Road. Laconia, Gilford and Gilmanton police assisted Belmont police in making a perimeter search of the robbery site. The Gilford police dog unit tried to track the men, but police think the men may have gotten into a vehicle.
Police are following leads, but hope the community helps to identify the men.
"We could use the public's help," Mann said.
The first suspect is described as a white male, 25 to 30 years old, 5-foot-7 to 5-foot-9 inches tall with a heavy build; he was wearing a multicolored hooded sweatshirt.
The second suspect is described as a black male, 25 to 30 years old, about 6 feet tall with an average build; he was wearing a black-hooded sweatshirt and a red baseball cap with a flat rim.
Anyone with information about the crime is encouraged to contact the Belmont police at 267-8350 or the Greater Laconia Crime Line at 524-1717.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Was a crime committed? Nashua police are not certain - 0
- Man arrested in Nashua market robbery - 0
- Fugitive of the week arrested in Maine - 0
- Manchester CrimeWatch: City woman connected to fatal crash in court again - 0
- UPDATED: Rochester man shot multiple times as police attempted arrest - 0
- Bedford man sentenced for lobster trap thefts - 0
- Manchester police recover $2,000 worth of painkillers in drug arrest - 2
- UPDATE: Hudson police standoff ends; person in custody - 0
- Manchester man who defrauded banks in mortgage foreclosure scheme gets 6 years - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- No dice: House kills casino gambling bill - 0
- Poetry Out Loud championship rescheduled due to storm - 0
- Portsmouth buildings evacuated for reported gas leak - 0
- Mass. man dies in Chesterfield crash - 0
- Manchester collision results in pedestrian's death - 0
- SCORE workshop offers social media tips - 0
- Sens. Shaheen, Ayotte slam latest push for online sales tax - 4
- Bedford girls basketball team spreads the scoring wealth - 0
- New Hampshire high school athletes on the run (and jumping) in NYC - 0
SCORE workshop offers social media tips
Minimum wages: Maximum spin
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown to announce exploratory committee for U.S. Senate run
Hooksett votes down Pinkerton schools deal
No dice: House kills casino gambling bill