Aug 28, 2014
Aug 21, 2014
Aug 14, 2014
Jul 24, 2014
Belmont police: Two men sought in armed robbery of taxi driver
At 8:10 p.m., police received a report of an armed robbery that had just taken place on Old Marsh Hill Road where the road meets Province Road.
A driver from Mr. C's Taxi Service reported that a driver had picked up two men on Messer Street in Laconia. The men asked to go to Brown Hill Road in Belmont, police said.
While on Route 107 before reaching Brown Hill Road, one man put a gun to the back of the driver's head and told him to pullover. At that point, according to police, the other man put a knife to the driver's throat. The men demanded cash from the driver, and escaped the cab with about $350, said Lt. Richard Mann.
The men fled on foot on Old Marsh Hill Road. Laconia, Gilford and Gilmanton police assisted Belmont police in making a perimeter search of the robbery site. The Gilford police dog unit tried to track the men, but police think the men may have gotten into a vehicle.
Police are following leads, but hope the community helps to identify the men.
"We could use the public's help," Mann said.
The first suspect is described as a white male, 25 to 30 years old, 5-foot-7 to 5-foot-9 inches tall with a heavy build; he was wearing a multicolored hooded sweatshirt.
The second suspect is described as a black male, 25 to 30 years old, about 6 feet tall with an average build; he was wearing a black-hooded sweatshirt and a red baseball cap with a flat rim.
Anyone with information about the crime is encouraged to contact the Belmont police at 267-8350 or the Greater Laconia Crime Line at 524-1717.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Authorities mum about reports of shooting in Manchester - 0
- Police say woman broke into Hollis home and took pictures - 0
- Addiction treatment doctor gets restricted license - 0
- Newmarket man charged with sex assault of 12-year-old girl - 0
- Wife charged with stabbing husband during argument - 0
- Imprisoned pair could add to their already lengthy sentences if found guilty of assault - 0
- Judge nixes house arrest for man convicted in Ponzi scheme - 0
- Raymond man faces possession of child porn charges - 0
- Man failed to note conviction on gun permit - 0
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Owner sought after fatal pitbull attack near Tuckerman Ravine - 0
- Big smiles as Market Basket customers and workers return - 1
- Tom Herzig's Trackside: Patnode poised to win NH Weekly Series crown - 0
- NHIAA Boys' Soccer Preview: Talent to boot - 0
- Last call at home for Fisher Cats tonight - 0
- Jessica Goldman was on the move - 0
- Band camp gets Memorial musicians in rhythm a week early - 1
- Drew Cline: Small sleights of hand in Republican primaries around NH - 0
- Where is Shaheen? Hiding from you - 12
Reports: Market Basket doomsday plan would shutter 61 of 71 stores if deal not struck soon
Where is Shaheen? Hiding from you
GOP for legal pot? Hemignway's high help
Ohio's Rob Portman: GOP can win back Senate
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917