Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
Belmont police: Two men sought in armed robbery of taxi driver
At 8:10 p.m., police received a report of an armed robbery that had just taken place on Old Marsh Hill Road where the road meets Province Road.
A driver from Mr. C's Taxi Service reported that a driver had picked up two men on Messer Street in Laconia. The men asked to go to Brown Hill Road in Belmont, police said.
While on Route 107 before reaching Brown Hill Road, one man put a gun to the back of the driver's head and told him to pullover. At that point, according to police, the other man put a knife to the driver's throat. The men demanded cash from the driver, and escaped the cab with about $350, said Lt. Richard Mann.
The men fled on foot on Old Marsh Hill Road. Laconia, Gilford and Gilmanton police assisted Belmont police in making a perimeter search of the robbery site. The Gilford police dog unit tried to track the men, but police think the men may have gotten into a vehicle.
Police are following leads, but hope the community helps to identify the men.
"We could use the public's help," Mann said.
The first suspect is described as a white male, 25 to 30 years old, 5-foot-7 to 5-foot-9 inches tall with a heavy build; he was wearing a multicolored hooded sweatshirt.
The second suspect is described as a black male, 25 to 30 years old, about 6 feet tall with an average build; he was wearing a black-hooded sweatshirt and a red baseball cap with a flat rim.
Anyone with information about the crime is encouraged to contact the Belmont police at 267-8350 or the Greater Laconia Crime Line at 524-1717.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Police: Salem man used car keys to stab officer in hand - 0
- Manchester muffler shop burglarized - 0
- Armed man arrested after Manchester convenience store robbery - 0
- Store cashier in Littleton refuses to give up the cash to robber - 0
- Convicted drug dealer arrested in Nashua on more drug charges - 0
- Former Plaistow finance director charged with theft - 0
- Police: Laconia man threatened harm to toddler - 0
- Manchester man tells judge pills aren’t his - 0
- Hannaford parking lot encounter involved a shotgun - 42
READER COMMENTS: 6
- UPDATE: Portsmouth woman, 60, identified after her body is found in creek - 0
- N.Y. man charged with reckless conduct after accidental shooting in Nashua - 0
- Cases against Keene 'Robin Hooders' dismissed by judge - 3
- Boy, 12, struck in Newton remains hospitalized - 0
- State revenue under projections for November - 0
- UPDATE: Dover toll plaza appears undamaged after Tuesday crash - 2
- Hooksett officer struck by motorist - 2
- UPDATE: Thornton woman dies after being struck by car in Campton - 0
- Sen. Ayotte pushes for bigger broadband bang for buck - 0
UPDATE: Could be 'months' before deciding on charges in crash involving Dover city councilor
What Congress? Obama's 'easy way out'
Boy wounded by bullet was to be released
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424